1/48 Airfix Canberra PR9

I have managed to start the Canberra PR9 with just the cockpit done and various ejection post marks being filled. As with the B.20 the cockpit in no way resembles the real thing but it's getting built anyway. :-)

This kit is also being built straight from the box as it is a review for a magazine. The front area is not being painted up as I am not opening up the nose so it will be visisble.

P1060126.jpg

P1060127.jpg

P1060128.jpg

P1060129.jpg

The fueslage, wings etc are together just waiting to be joined after final filling is done. I have scribed fine panel lines on the tail surfaces and filled the rudder. I have also thinnned the engine outlets considerably to get a bit more of a scale look.

P1060138.jpg

P1060137.jpg

P1060136.jpg

I have managed to get the tail and wings together. The engine components require a fair amount of fitting and filling to blend them in to the wing but not to hard to do.

P1060141.jpg

The bomb bay needs a spacer to spread the fueslage enough to fit the bay doors / camera pods in. I had to put in a 32 - 33mm spreader as the middle of the bay pinches in and won't allow the part to fit properly.

P1060139.jpg

The cockpit coaming insert went in easily enough but needs a fair amount of filler due to the manner in which it is designed. I did need to hold the fueslage in against it until the glue dried sufficiently though.

P1060142.jpg

The tail surfaces have been lightly scribed as per the Cammett update set.

P1060144.jpg

Edited by Harvs73

Thats a good start David, but youre correct, OOB the cockpit is total crap, thats why Ive scratch built mine :lol::mental:

Bexy

I forgot to mention that I have also added the camera' under the cockpit on both sides. Simply drilled holes and used clear sprue from the kit to make the lenses. They may be a bit small though unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

Here is the latest on the PR9, I have got it to the undercoat stage and am just checking for any areas to clean up.

P1060327.jpg

P1060331.jpg

P1060332.jpg

I'm over the poor decals produced by Airfix so I sent off for the Ally Cat set for the PR9 instead.