Welcome to 100 Years of the Fleet Air Arm

Okay folks, this is a special sort of GB and rather short notice as well. For the tables at Telford half of the space be dedicated to the FAA 100th anniversary. I have been given the go ahead to launch a special GB to get some new builds on the tables.

No real rules on this one. Just get the builds finished in time for Telford I'll be overseeing this one.

Get building as we only have three months.

Official start is July 18th finishing 6th Nov

Any build is welcome, even partially completed ones

Edited by Mish

I've got an Xtrakit Sea Vixen i'm in the very early stages of building.I'll enter that if i may.I'll think of something else as well,as i love the FAA.Something with a Culdrose link i think. :D

I've got an Xtrakit Sea Vixen i'm in the very early stages of building.I'll enter that if i may.I'll think of something else as well,as i love the FAA.Something with a Culdrose link i think. :D

Along with the above,I've decided to take the plunge and build my first all resin kit,namely a Culdrose based Hunting Percival Sea Prince.I've just ordered the Magna models kit from Hannants.I wanted to build something different,and the Sea Prince is a bit of a forgotten FAA aircraft,and one i used to see a lot when i was a nipper.

So the autumn will be taken up building the Sea Vixen and Sea Prince.I'll be Sea Sick by November.

I'm still sorting the garage, but hopefully I'll join in later with a RN Phantom.

Dave

Hi all,

Would visiting the show be worth the bodder if I could make it ?

How long a drive is it from the coast (Dover,Folkstone or Calais) ?

And I would need a place to sleep.Any cheap hotels or even a camping around ? Don't mind sleaping in my tent.

Could even sleep in my car if needed.

Edited by Erwin

Erwin it's a big show but from Dover it's about 230 miles and about four hours driving.

That's indeed a long drive concidering the trip from Ostend to Dover by boat is also four hours. Finding a place to sleap in no problem. I'm a soldier.So I slept under the stars before.

Anyway,I posted a semilar topic on Europeanmodeller and a Belgian site to see if we could come in a group or even with an organized trip from a Belgian IPMS club.

• 2 weeks later...

Wicked stuff :), if the decals are not released yet from Military allience for the harrier ( harrier is made, just needs painting and 'cal-ing') ....ill do a Hawk T1 in the special 100 yerar paint scheme ( all ready half way through making) :)

Matt :)

Edited by lowlevelraf

• 1 month later...