Typhoon J, 1 week build

Nev

Another build for the 1 Week Group Build on the What If forum, where its turning into something of a tradition for me to do a JASDF build

This is using the Hobbyboss kit, which I bought off Howard of Effingham at the SIG meet for a pricely £4 - and boy am I glad I didn't pay full price for this piece of junk! There is not a single reason to buy this kit over the (cheaper) Revell offering. Even ease of build - don't be fooled by the small number of parts. The fit at the wing root is atrocious with a big step, and the lower nose with the canards moulded integrally makes filling round this awkward join an absolute nightmare

cockpit1.jpg

cockpit2.jpg

ip1.jpg

This will be a regular air defence squadron....although it may get some fighter meet markings :wacko:

There's something iffy looking about those intakes too... :S Still... you're beating it into submission piece by piece. Hinomauras eh? Should look good :)

Well you know how some people complain about how the intake trunking doesn't go all the way back on the Revell kit? Well this has NO intake trunking, just a big hole :doh:

Well you know how some people complain about how the intake trunking doesn't go all the way back on the Revell kit? Well this has NO intake trunking, just a big hole :doh:

:lol: whoopsie! The transition looks a bit odd too... possibly the angle, but where those grilles are supposed to be looks peculiar :hmmm:

Can't wait to see the JASDF finished Typhoon!! Might even encourage me to try one and add to my just-got-started-yesterday JASDF collection.

I'll be watching! :popcorn:

Couple of coats of Xtracrylic Camoflage Grey. Probly needs another one for a smooth overall finish, its a bit grainy in places.

ip2.jpg

Edited by Nev

not wishing to thread hijack, but this kit is not the best of the tiffie's out there.

when i first saw it [it was one of those that was mistakenly sold for £4.50, but thats another story],

it seemed ok, but on close inspection i wondered if HB had 'cloned' it from another kit perhaps the

twin sticker italeri kit. now it costs £9.99 and ain't worth that amount of dosh. even the ancient airfix

kit is better.

but, nev good builder that he is, will make something quite presentable from this, imho. :)