non finished pile

I seem to be collecting non finished kits.

i am going to try and go through this pile before i start anything else.

From left to right, NSR 500 (i know its not an a/c but it is still in the pile). 1:48 trumpeter Dauphin II, 1:48 Italeri Bell jet ranger,

PICT0003-6.jpg

1:72 airfix army Lynx, 1:72 italeri EH101 merlin, 1:48 smer Sopwith Camel for the WW1 GB, 1:72 hasegawa F/A-18C

PICT0002-9.jpg

1:48 Revell Westland Wessex HAS 3

PICT0001-8.jpg

and then there is the to fix pile!

PICT0004-5.jpg

the urge to start a new one is huge, but i must be strong. :rolleyes:

Wayne

Edited by palacefan

An honourable mission you're undertaking there Wayne, good luck. Perhaps fixing those three will give you an easier sense of achievement to start you off?

BTW, what's the story behind the Schneider-esque Spitfire?

Wayne,

There's a few I reconise from our Sunday club meets. The 101, Wessex & your wounderful "peas in a pod" Spit, I'm glad I gave you my Spit, you made a much better job than I would have, plus....... it ment I didnt have to build one & risk the forfit :tease:

Glad to see you've got an Iron horse in there too.

Wayne, whot's the deal with the black stripe's on the Dauphin 2 ?

Dont forget the "peas in a pod" display at the country fyre, we'll need your spit.

Edited by Diesel Donkey

Glad to see I'm not alone.

Currently I have a 1/48 Gripen, 1/48 F4 Corsair, 1/48 P-47, 1/48 Aermachi MB326 all awaiting undercarriage. I hate doing undercarriage.

Oh, and an Italeri 1/48 AH64D which is fighting me all the way :badmood:

what's the story behind the Schneider-esque Spitfire?

Thanks col. that was our clubs peas in a pod comp , everyone has a f22/24 airfix spit (top kit) and had to build it how they wished. I decided to build the 1947 schneider trophy winner (supermarine S24) if the war hadn't happened. i was on a tight time scale because i had just joined the club (North somerset Modelling soc) so i used JP233's as floats, thats why it is in the pile waiting for the new release from Smer to Use its floats.

Wayne, whot's the deal with the black stripe's on the Dauphin 2 ?

Dave, that is a little technique that Phil Flory put on here somewhere and I have done it before sometimes. paint the seams with a contrasting colour, sand the seam and if there are any imperfections it should fill them in or make them stand out.

Saffie, isnt it wierd that we stop a kit at a bit we hate, when it never turns out to be as bad as we expect. i find the best shot in the arm i get for modelling is finishing a kit, yet i put every obsticle in the way before i do.

I think i will finsh the Hornet first as i have already posted it here as WIP.

Wayne

PS yes i really did type this at 3am due to pian killers not working and my coccyxs hurting :weep: boo hoo me. :rolleyes:

Edited by palacefan

Argh.......THAT many unfinished kits? Now I don't feel so bad about the number of unfinished kits I have......I thought I was the only one.......you're right - you get to a nasty bit of a build and hit a brick wall....and start another kit to recharge the batteries. And the bit that slowed you down is almost never as bad to get through as you first thought.

I love the Schneider Trophy racer.....very cool - and the MiG looks very sharp.

I've got the NSR and the Dauphin in my stash......I obtained some Victorian Police decals for the Dauphins that they operate...when I get it started, I'll post some pics here.

So.....don't feel too bad that you've got too many kits started -

I've got the NSR and the Dauphin in my stash......I obtained some Victorian Police decals for the Dauphins that they operate...when I get it started, I'll post some pics here.

Thanks Lee, the NSR will have a Mick Doohan crossed up sliding both wheels if i can find one.

and i think you will find that the Victorian Dauphin was called a whirliround flying mechanical fanned conbobulater, her majesty presented one to Albert on there 20th wedding anniversary :P . Seriously though, the interior is all wrong in scale, i think it is about 1:69 scale. I have blacked out the rear windows because i am building the fly by wire prototype that is in the Heli museum in Weston-super-Mare.

Wayne

• Like 1

I have blacked out the rear windows because i am building the fly by wire prototype that is in the Heli museum in Weston-super-Mare.

Here it is

PICT0009-1.jpg

PICT0010-1.jpg

I forgot it had the 'eurocopter' badge at the top.

If anybody has got any spare decals from say the Revell 1:48 Tiger of said badge that they dont need, i would be very apreciative of them.

Thanks, Wayne

• 5 weeks later...

Forget that, i popped an E and decided to pimp my chopper :hypnotised:

PICT0001-10.jpg

PICT0002-11.jpg

I have finished the Hornet.

I have given myself a week to finish this one.

Then a week for the lynx.

Wayne get yourself a hexagonal revolving all glass display shelf cabinet.

This will give you the motivation of finishing models to put on each of the shelves.

yes ? :D

Hexagonal revolving padded cell maybe :hypnotised:

• 6 years later...

this post was t5 years ago, and i have only finished 4 of the models. unfortunately i have added another 15 to the unfinished pile.

Thanks Lee, the NSR will have a Mick Doohan crossed up sliding both wheels if i can find one.

Wayne

I had this pic on my chicken hutch partition at work years ago. No-one knew what he was actually doing to the bike!

Fave pic...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&biw=1024&bih=672&site=imghp&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=vyI0UqbNI4mr7AavlYD4CA&q=mick+doohan+slide&oq=mick+doohan+sli&gs_l=img.1.0.0.603837.615441.0.617467.19.13.2.4.5.0.407.2356.1j9j0j2j1.13.0....0...1c.1.26.img..4.15.1234.D2Spmg1oUzs#biv=i%7C1%3Bd%7CJIt98nKKVy193M%3A

this post was t5 years ago, and i have only finished 4 of the models. unfortunately i have added another 15 to the unfinished pile.

Update the photo so we can all feel less guilty in time for the KUTA GB ;)