jet intake

plimsol

just about to paint the engines on my revell a 330 but no way can i figure out how to get that lovely clean division inside AND outside the engine of the silver rim on the intake, yes its a masking problem i know but in 144?

would welcome suggestions from those of you tha know how.

I have not yet stuck the engine halves yet

For a nice, clean rim-job, then decal film in thin strips is hard to beat. Depending on the amount of double curvature, you may want to cut it into one or even 0.5 mm wide strips, then apply them to the colour separation line between the two colours. When the decal is dry, you can brush paint the proper colour, overlapping the decal film slightly. If you paint a solid colour as opposed to a metallic one, you can sand the colour back to level the paint with Micromesh.

Jens

One technique I have tried with reasonable success is as follows.

First make a handle- really easy- just use a cocktail stick/bit of wooded dowel/Mikes old cottn buds etc

then flatten the end and carefully but securely glue a piece of fairly rigid plasticard on to the end bigger than the intake. Now you can carefully trim the "plate" until it is a very snug fit inside the intake- a plug if you like- but it is trimmed until the flat plane of the "plate" lies exactly where you want the colour change to be.

now pick up the spray gun and lightly spray into the intake using lowish pressure with a few misted coats- and eh voila - cest un job exqusite nest pas?

Merci-

Mon coat avec passage je'depart

Edited by Mentalguru