Dragon PzKpFw.III Ausf J

Hi guys, went to parabellum on Saturday & got hold of Dragons MK III Ausf J after trying to get my mits on one for two years :frantic::frantic:

anyway statutory box shot......

100_0229.jpg

started on the lower hull & running gear

100_0226.jpg

100_0227.jpg

well worth the wait..

Andy.

Smuts,

You've made a great start and I look forward to seeing some more progress. I've also got this one in the stash (What dont I have at least one of in there? :winkgrin: ) and it's an impressive looking chunk of plastic.

Trent

Thanks chaps, got the running gear on & painted with XF-63 fitted & sprayed the tracks X-10..

100_0231.jpg

front decking fitted..

100_0230.jpg

just before I posted I noticed the LH track was on the wrong way bugger lots of rude words shouted :bangin:

Andy.

Hi guys, started work on the upper hull instead of a single moulding Dragon give you five sections (its that horrible 38T again) anyway fenders on ..

100_0232.jpg

crew compartment..

100_0233.jpg

engine deck..

100_0234.jpg

wrong about the 38T nightmare this all went together great just clicked in to place.

built up the gun breech..

100_0235.jpg

chaps I need to source a commander (SS 1943 Kharkov not winter uniform)figure for this one any idea's ?

Andy.

Looks good matey. Every home should have at least one Panzer I, II, III, IV and so forth. I've only got from IV onwards so far, so I'll have to do something about that eventually. That is one seriously large drive sprocket though, innit?

Hi guys, lower hulls all done now so its the turrets turn..

gun breech painted & chipped..

100_0236.jpg

turret interior painted & breech fitted..

100_0237.jpg

fitted to the hull..

100_0239.jpg

now its the fun part off to the paint shop....any colour you want as long as its Panzer grey :frantic:

100_0240.jpg

while that's drying its the pioneer tools.

Andy.

This looking really nice

Every home should have at least one Panzer I, II, III, IV and so forth.

I'm not a Panzer man at all (for ideological reasons), but I would like to have one of each. Maybe I should do a succession of knocked out Panzers being inspected by curious Tommies? :evil_laugh:

Andy, are those tracks rubber band, link and length, or individual?

Andy, are those tracks rubber band, link and length, or individual?

Thanks Nev,

the tracks are "Dragon's Magic tracks" separate links real easy to put together they click in place & just run some Tamiya thin or EMA job done,

I'm not keen on the link & length type only used em once on a 48Th scale M10..OK in that scale but not the real armour scale.

I'd love Dragon to produce a Cromwell, Crusader & Comet to this standard but at least we're going to get a new firefly from them later this year

we can hope only hope they pay attention to the above three cause the Sherman's have been done to death,I'll get me l :coat:.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, added a MiG filter (blue) to the base colour fitted a tow cable from Eureka, air recognition flag & a Dragon Jerry matted down with Vallejo 520 matt...

100_0116_2-1.jpg

100_0113-1.jpg

100_0114_2.jpg

100_0115_2-1.jpg

I'll let the matt coat dry overnight & start weathering over the weekend.

note to self take off masking from vision blocks :frantic:

Andy.

Hi guys, Mish the flag was from modelflags.com got it from Armourama a right pain to settle down next time I'm gonna try one from Archer decals, they are designed to go on foil so should conform to an engine deck better

weathering done with the rest on Inspection.

100_0118_2.jpg

Andy.