canopies versus mr muscle?

buccymad

hi all

just sprayed my italeri hawk :badmood:

and i got some paint onto the canopy,my question is this,if i use mr muscle on an untreated(i.e not covered in klear)canopy will it end in disaster!! :shrug:

also while im at it ,whats the best way to spray gloss black without it attracting every atom in the known univers onto the model?i tried spraying in the kitchen after dusting down all the surfaces.

but it still looks like i rubbed it on the local stray dog after painting :deadhorse:

Try spraying after you've allowed a bit of time for the dust kicked up by you cleaning to settle. Also, once painted, put it under a clear container, allowing a little air to get in at the side by propping it up, so that the paint will still cure. That stops any additional dust falling on the wet paint while it's sticky.

As to cleaner, it shouldn't marr the plastic, but if it's acrylic paint, try a rub with a blunt cocktail stick, then try some household ammonia. If the whole canopy needs sorting though, that's when you either dip the whole thing in ammonia if you're using acrylics, or resort to Mr Muscle, Fairy Power Spray et al. FPS is the one I can vouch for not marring paint :)

have a garden spray filled with clean water , spray a fine mist in surrounding areas to knock down dust leave large surfaces around your spraying area damp then spray your oviously dry and dust free model model

we used to use this technique when sprayin 1/1 scale cars , for a glass finnish , as all the dust in surrounding areas and in the air is knocked down to the floor and thus not blown arround whilst spraying!!

thanks for your replies,went ahead with the mr muscle ,and it worked a treat ,cleaned off everything,not a mark left on the canopy, till i dropped it !!!! :banghead:

cracked the front screen and scratched the main,typical of my luck! :doh:

will send away for a new part :stupid:

yet another project on hold.