No Vulcan At Waddo

sonofjim

well its a shame chaps but she aint there this year

no CAA ticket , you chaps probably already know this but i'm really dissapointed its already hitting difficulty

:raincloud:

jim

ooooohhh noooo :frantic:

does this mean the rest of her airshows this year now in doubt?

steve

could be mate

apparently she had some serious saftey issues (probablynot as bad as they make out though ).

wonder if thats what she was doing a Lyneham ?

:crying: luckily im old enough to remember them when in service..but was looking forward to seeing her again

maybe someone should give the guys at bruntingthorpe a bell..if a replacement flying v bomber is needed :innocent:

seriously though its a shame they cant get the victor in true airworthy condition again..taxi runs VERY good but......not the same :)

(off to hide from the tin triangle fans now)

Edited by kspriss

Are you sure?

I've just checked http://www.vulcantothesky.org/ and can't see anything about a CAA ticket.

There is mention in the June Engineering Update of an Artificial Feel Unit that's failed twice, but that's all sorted now.

She was at Lyneham after a Tristar got stuck on the runway at Brize, and has been to Holland and Kemble since.

Are you sure?

I've just checked http://www.vulcantothesky.org/ and can't see anything about a CAA ticket.

There is mention in the June Engineering Update of an Artificial Feel Unit that's failed twice, but that's all sorted now.

She was at Lyneham after a Tristar got stuck on the runway at Brize, and has been to Holland and Kemble since.

just heard it on the local radio .

"confirmed the vuclan will NOT be flying at Waddo this year "

Just heard from the chairman of the vuclan to the sky org

that theres nothing unservicable but the CAA failed to issue a Cert of Airworthyness

whether it it failed to issue a Cert "in time" for the show or what is unknown

Heard the Lanc was sick down at Biggin with eng Vibrations, possibly the one they Changed in Holland....... Might well be home by now....

The Vulcan is the first on a rolling permit to fly, it is not issued yearly I believe but monthly and is reliant on certain criteria being met, such as Marshalls being paid etc.

Heard the Lanc was sick down at Biggin with eng Vibrations, possibly the one they Changed in Holland....... Might well be home by now....

The Vulcan is the first on a rolling permit to fly, it is not issued yearly I believe but monthly and is reliant on certain criteria being met, such as Marshalls being paid etc.

yeah its something but its firmly on terra firma for this weekend at least

Well, it seems someone, somewhere has had a shocker.

The current Permit to Fly expired Thursday, but was only renewed on the 26/06. The PTF takes 20 for the CAA to process, which gives a date of the 14/07 for the new permit to be issued, provided there are no snags of course.

CAA linky

So, it seems she'll be missing Waddington and Yeovilton. I was due to catch her arrival at VL on Tuesday and see her do a photoshoot the Sea Vixen, as well as display at the show, so this is a right kick in the balls :(

I can't get my head around only applying for a new PTF just a week before it was due to expire, especially with so many big shows now coming up where '558 was due to display, given the fact they knew it was expiring this weekend and takes three weeks to process. Stinks of yet another example of mismanagement in the project :hmmm:

Here's hoping the CAA can speed up the process in time for Yeovilton :pray:

Well, it seems someone, somewhere has had a shocker.

The current Permit to Fly expired Thursday, but was only renewed on the 26/06. The PTF takes 20 for the CAA to process, which gives a date of the 14/07 for the new permit to be issued, provided there are no snags of course.

CAA linky

So, it seems she'll be missing Waddington and Yeovilton. I was due to catch her arrival at VL on Tuesday and see her do a photoshoot the Sea Vixen, as well as display at the show, so this is a right kick in the balls :(

I can't get my head around only applying for a new PTF just a week before it was due to expire, especially with so many big shows now coming up where '558 was due to display, given the fact they knew it was expiring this weekend and takes three weeks to process. Stinks of yet another example of mismanagement in the project :hmmm:

Here's hoping the CAA can speed up the process in time for Yeovilton :pray:

this seems like very poor organisational skills !! a terrible state of affairs after all the money donated and peoples time taken !!

high summer = all main uk airshows questions should be being asked !!

Right so its down to the Vulcan guys themselves ? ! thats

unforgivable considering how many people bought tickets just to go see her fly ,

the Chairman has been on the Radio rating about the CAA too .

he Said "all is not lost you can have your picture taken with the vulcan on the static display " :D

jim

"all is not lost you can have your picture taken with the vulcan on the static display "

Well that's just adding salt to the wounds :(

I imagine most of the people attending have gone purely to see an airborne Vulcan. The fact that that is not going to happen is bad enough, but to have it there on the ground is insult to injury.

Some shambolic decision making has occurred here, which will leave thousands of people disappointed, myself included :(

Well that's just adding salt to the wounds :(

I imagine most of the people attending have gone purely to see an airborne Vulcan. The fact that that is not going to happen is bad enough, but to have it there on the ground is insult to injury.

Some shambolic decision making has occurred here, which will leave thousands of people disappointed, myself included :(

Isnt it just mate , you could go to Newark or the other fine vulcan exhibits around the uk for a static shoot

my neighbour is a MASSIVE vulcan fan and spent 40 odd quid on a fmaily ticket so they could all go and see her fly

he didnt even go this morning

jim

That's so annoying, I was really looking forward to seeing her at Yeovilton. <_<

i feel ya mate

Don't hold me to it but I've been told that the Vulcan will be putting on a short (9 minute!) display at Lasham in Hampshire on the Saturday July 11th at 3:30, what this is all about is anyones guess but the pal that let me know is an old friend so I'm pretty sure there is some truth in it.

I wouldn't be so sure she is displaying at Lasham now :fraidnot:

That display has been pencilled in for a while now, certainly long before these new revelations regarding the PTF renewal, or lack thereof. She was due to fly over Lasham after her display at Yeovilton on the same day, but I fear neither will go ahead now :(

They can berate the CAA all they want, BUT as someone in the Industry who delas with these things, YOU CAN APPLY FOR A PERMIT TO FLY RENEWAL UP TO ONE MONTH BEFORE IT IS DUE......

Last Penny they get from me. I have donated several times so I could see her fly at these shows........ NEVER AGAIN

Someone should be sacked over this.

Edited by TonyT

The Vulcan to the Sky Trust (VTST) and Marshall Aerospace are deeply disappointed and saddened to have to announce that the planned displays of the Vulcan at the RAF Waddington International Airshow on 4th and 5th July have had to be cancelled.

As part of the 2005-7 Major servicing, a number of structural inspections had to be deferred, because it was not feasible to complete them on XH558’s airframe. It was planned by VTST and Marshal Aerospace, in agreement with BAE Systems and the Civil Aviation Authority, that these inspections would be carried out before the renewal of XH558’s Permit to Fly on 3rd July 2009, using the airframe of BAE Systems-owned Vulcan XM603 at Woodford, as part of the scrapping process of this aircraft. Unfortunately, despite best intentions, it has not yet proved possible to complete or establish mitigations for all these inspections. Consequently, we have currently not fully met the conditions that would enable the issue of XH558’s Permit to Fly renewal.

XH558 is however is fully serviceable and ready for flight, and Marshall Aerospace together with VTST and BAE Systems are doing all they can as quickly as they can to resolve this unexpected, one-off issue within the next few days. We are very sad that it is not going to be possible for the Vulcan to display at Waddington over the weekend of 4th/5th July.

Deferred since 2005, hardly as if it was a last minute thing was it.

They can berate the CAA all they want, BUT as someone in the Industry who delas with these things, YOU CAN APPLY FOR A PERMIT TO FLY RENEWAL UP TO ONE MONTH BEFORE IT IS DUE......

Last Penny they get from me. I have donated several times so I could see her fly at these shows........ NEVER AGAIN

Someone should be sacked over this.

I hear ya Mate I hear ya

jim

This is getting beyond a joke now. Anyone want to quote some odds for another begging campaign kicking off in the month or so?

Ive always said it, and I stand by it, someone really needs to sort out the VST management.

Bexy

Apparently talking to the VTS guys briefly , it's not a CAA issue but down to the upper management structure trying to balance too many balls at once, and someone not sending the appropriate form in time for the show, (well the propulsion guy wasn't quite as polite as that, but you get the gist :analintruder: ).Have to wait to find out more, at least I got to see it arrive and hopefully will be there when it leaves !!

Damn shame though as the place was packed, most there to see her fly, ....que sera!!

Andy