13 replies to this topic

#1 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:10 AM

Hello folks,

Here's the subjects of the new set in 72nd and 48th. This coincides with Peter Kilduff's excellent new book Black Fokker Leader - highly recommended!

Posted Image

Limited production and lots of colours so prices will be:

48005 £17.45
72004 £15.70

Open for orders at:

pheon.models@hotmail.co.uk

EDIT 3/07/09

I've now added Ltn Dilthey's Albatros DVa to the options - he was Degelow's immediate predecessor as Jasta leader, being lost in July 1918 as a result of friendly fire and a faulty parachute, thereafter Degelow took over command.

Posted Image

That gives three aircraft types on the sheet - a first for us and makes the sheet better value all round, I think.

The number of national markings included are enough for:

48th Scale
4 Fokker DVIIs
1 Pfalz DIIIa
1 Albatros DVa

72nd scale

7 Fokker DVIIs
2 Pfalz DIIIa
1 Albatros DVa

Edited by Rowan Broadbent, 05 October 2009 - 07:50 PM.

#2 Obi-Jiff Kenobi

Obi-Jiff Kenobi

Some say he believes Star Wars is a documentary...

• Members
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:28 AM

Looking very nice. Top stuff as usual, matey.

#3 Steve Collins

Steve Collins

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:24 PM

Don't know if it is the right squadron or not (it says Jasta 40s - should be the same, though), but there's a profile of Ltn Helmut Dilthey's Albatros in Osprey's Albatros Aces of WWI (#32). It's green and white circumferential stripes. The colour plate description says he was leader of Jasta 40s in mid-1918, so it probably wouldn't apply anyway. I'll do some more digging when I get home tonight.

Steve

#4 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:45 PM

Don't know if it is the right squadron or not (it says Jasta 40s - should be the same, though), but there's a profile of Ltn Helmut Dilthey's Albatros in Osprey's Albatros Aces of WWI (#32). It's green and white circumferential stripes. The colour plate description says he was leader of Jasta 40s in mid-1918, so it probably wouldn't apply anyway. I'll do some more digging when I get home tonight.

Steve

Hello Steve,

Yes Helmut Dithey was the commander of Jasta 40 just before Degelow's appointment. He was shot down and killed in July and Degelow took over. The Black/White livery was introduced by Degelow thereafter. He had previously flown with Jacobs in Jasta 7 and their aircraft fuselages were all black - Degelow favoured this and added the white tail section. In fact, the Pfalz DIIIa which he flew in Jasta 7 was marked almost identically to the one he flew in '40, with the exception of the tail section. I was looking for some markings for any black/white Albatros DVas which were on strength before they became an all-Fokker equipped unit. There were a few, I think.

#5 Steve Collins

Steve Collins

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:30 PM

Rowan,
I've looked through everything I've got (not a lot, admittedly) and can't find a thing. Sorry.
Steve

#6 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:18 AM

Rowan,
I've looked through everything I've got (not a lot, admittedly) and can't find a thing. Sorry.
Steve

Ah well, never mind, Steve. Thanks for looking anyway!

#7 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 03:12 PM

Please see the updated entry at the head of the thread re the inclusion of Dilthey's Albatros

#8 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:27 AM

The Decals arrived yesterday. Unfortunately I made a mistake on the artwork, which Fantasy Printshop - true to their usual excellent standards - have faithfully reproduced on each sheet!!

Sadly (very sadly from a financial point of view!!) I am going to have to scrap the whole production run and start again. The problem might have been seen as minor by some but it stood out like a sore thumb to me!

I take some small solace from the saying "the man who never made a mistake, never made anything"....

So my apologies to all the many, many customers who've placed pre-orders for this set. The re-draw will be finished today and the decals are now scheduled to be with me on 3rd September. This will also have an impact on some other production dates, particularly for the 72nd and 48th SE5s which will now slip back to mid September.

To quote the Bard - "Bugger"!!

Edited by Rowan Broadbent, 13 August 2009 - 09:29 AM.

#9 Obi-Jiff Kenobi

Obi-Jiff Kenobi

• Members
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:31 AM

"Bugger" indeed, Rowan. Just a thought - would it not be possible to produce a correction sheet, as an addendum to the original, so you don't have to scrap the lot? I'm sure you'd already have thought of that, though.

#10 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:02 AM

"Bugger" indeed, Rowan. Just a thought - would it not be possible to produce a correction sheet, as an addendum to the original, so you don't have to scrap the lot? I'm sure you'd already have thought of that, though.

Ah, would it were that simple. No, I'm afraid that wouldn't work. There were two errors - one on the 'Cross' sheet in 48th and the other on the smaller colour sheet in 48th. As both are combined onto one sheet in 72nd, that's the lot gone for a Burton.

Still, all part of the macramé of the universe, as they say....

Double bugger with ice cream and a cherry on top..

#11 Obi-Jiff Kenobi

Obi-Jiff Kenobi

• Members
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:12 PM

Still, all part of the macramé of the universe, as they say....

All my macramé's come undone at the moment... Still, it could be worse. I feel for you, mate, and I hope it doesn't affect the business too badly.

#12 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:44 AM

Well as the eagle-eyed will have spotted from the top post, the second go at these finally arrived today and they look fine!

I'll be checking and packing them over the next few days and they should be able to go out early next week. Thanks for your patience - I think (hope?) you'll find the wait was worth it...

#13 Obi-Jiff Kenobi

Obi-Jiff Kenobi

• Members
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:29 AM

Gordon's alive! Sorry, I mean, it's nice to see this sheet has arrived after the problems you had with it.

#14 magpie

magpie

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:40 PM

Jasta 40 decals/transfers arrived today super fast delivery. Excellent product as usual.