RAF Lyneham families day

desmojen

Today was our families day for 2007. Unfortunately the airshow was much depleted because of the date, we're celebrating the Hercules 40th year in service, but this week is the Red's week off, and hence, the rest of the RAF display aircraft! :doh:

I was there all day with our bike club and managed to tick off another ambition when I went for a little fly in a glider before lunch.

Shortly after lunch, the ambulance copter arrived for us to hand over a nice little cheque ( a recent motorcycle club fundraiser which was in aid of the Wiltshire Ambulance copter) Had a nice chat with the paramedic who claims they call us motorcyclists butterflys because we are brightly coloured, and some of us don't last long!

Was a scorching day, I'm sunkissed again and pleased to be home with a nice long drink :D

Pics then.

The ambulancecopter arriving

269104650.jpg

A Spitfire. As far as I'm aware, it is illegal in this country to see a Spitfire and not photograph it. So here you go :D

269104648.jpg

The best thing about families day is the way you can get up close and personal. 1FTS Tucano.

269104640.jpg

Couple of big ones came over.

269104635.jpg

269104644.jpg

And a little one.

269104653.jpg

And I couldn't resist this shot of one of our nice clean well cared for front line jets!

269104654.jpg

Hope you like,

Jen.

The Tucano shot especially is a beauty Jen. I like the contrast between the smooth surface of the side and the chunkiness of the rivets under the roundel - really nice :thumbsup2:

Steve.