Sgt.Squarehead's SCW Armour

The UM L&L T-26 tracks are injection plastic, the indvidual track links are very, very fine and the plastic is possibly a bit on the brittle side.....With a little more care and patience they should be useable, unfortunately they do break almost as easily when you are cleaning them up or fitting them to a sprocket (probably wiser to lose the sprocket teeth than to try to fit them perfectly) as when you remove them from the sprue. :wall:

All the best

Andy S.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

The Unimodel 1/72 BT-5 and Attack Pz.I Ausf A turned up today.....I've only just had chance to have a proper look at them:

The BT-5 is a lovely looking kit, one of the nicest I've seen from Unimodel, with L&L tracks that should be buildable with less than superhuman dexterity, minimal use of photo-etch and absolutely no bloody vinyl! :winkgrin:

The Pz.I, despite coming in a box big enough for a platoon of Panthers, is a tiny thing, but it does look very nicely made for an Attack kit. Contrary to my expectations no track bending will be required as Attack have thoughtfully included a set of pre-bent resin parts to wrap the sprockets. Whether these, or indeed any of the other parts, will actually fit remains to be seen.....It is after all an Attack kit! :confused:

All the best

Andy S.

PS - Updates on BA-6 & T-26 soon.....Been preoccupied with pig-pens and steam-trains! :whistle:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Here is where the BA-6 is at right now:

[image Deleted]

The subassemblies are just dry fitted at the moment.....I will be painting before final assembly. :pipe:

For what it's worth, all the best

Andy.S

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

coming along nicely sarge , how big is that thing in in '72 , an inch maybe ? - the reds are coming ! VIVA REPUBLICA ! :yahoo:

Edited by blimp

Cheers Paul.....My Spanish isn't all that good, but I've managed to follow much of this article up by searching various names and dates. :pipe:

What I could really do with finding at the moment are some more colour plates of Republican armour. :pray:

TIA & All the best

Andy S.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Cheers Paul.....It's certainly interesting viewing. :speak_cool:

The BA-6 is now as complete as it's going to get for a while and has been undercoated ready for painting:

[image Deleted]

I'm not going to try anything too clever with this one, probably just plain green with a numeral. :pipe:

All the best

Andy S.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

I've reached that point with the T-26:

[image Deleted]

Now you see why I hate brass so much.....I'm rubbish at it! :undecided:

Hopefully it will look beter with a coat or two of paint.....Plenty more of the damn stuff to stick on yet though, including the radio antenna (or its remains), which is scaring me silly TBH. I suspect I'm going to have to get creative, which could have terrible consequences for my poor T-26. :violin:

Andy S.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

I've finally finished building the SKIF/UM/Mirage T-26 M1933:

[image Deleted]

At times it was a bit of a struggle TBH! :shithappens:

Andy S.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

I've got a basecoat on the BA-6 & T-26:

[image Deleted]

Sorry about the hideous lighting! :sorry:

The colour is actually an awful lot less yellow than it appears in these pictures! :blush:

Andy.S

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

There's treachery afoot:

[image Deleted]

I've had a bit of a change of heart.....Republican tanks are just too bloody dull! :fuhrer:

All the best

Andy S.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

A little bit more.....Please tell me you can actually see the difference! :pray:

[image Deleted]

I have got to get some decent lights.....When it's all done I will try to get some pictures in natural light, just to show that really I did attempt to liven up the basecoat with filters, highlighting & shading and so on. :nerd:

All the best

Andy S.

PS - I've run into a major hitch with the BA-6.....It's not a BA-6, it's actually a BA-6M and I can find no record of this variant serving in Spain. I'm going to concentrate on getting the T-26 done and perhaps starting a Pz.I Ausf A (Not a hope in hell I will finish it before the deadline now!). :wall:

PPS - As I started work in good faith (but with very poor research), could I perhaps transfer the BA-6M build to the forthcoming 'Red Star GB'.....Unless anyone has a spare SKIF/UM 1/72 T-26 M1933 turret lying around? :hmmm:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

You can see the problem with the BA-6M clearly when the model is compared to the last profile on the second page you linked to.....The BA-6 had a T-26 M1933 turret, rather than the conical turret included with the BA-6M kit. Unfortunately the only other SKIF/UM T-26 that I own is the one that donated parts for this build and that one has a cylindrical turret with a different bustle arrangement to that seen on the M1933 and BA-6. :wall:

All the best

Andy S.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

I'm actually rather fond of the BA-6M kit.....It was an easy build and looks the part, despire being a bit short on rivets. I shall finish it off as a Soviet vehicle from the early phases of Operation Barbarossa. :pipe:

All the best

Andy S.