Revell's 1/28 scale Fokker Dr.I

Spad57

Hello All,

I thought I'd post a few photos of my last WWI project before jumpimg over to WWII in 1/32 scale. However now with all the new 1/32 scale WWI kits coming to market now I'll be returning to my first modeling love.These images are of Revell's Fokker Dr.I build with much extra detail, in fact much of it is hidden inside the fuselage.The details include the 3/4 frame wired and braced, the cockpit,plus fuel tank,ammo boxes,and oil tank too.Just about everything I could fit in from the firewall back.Most of the additions are made from plastic card stock and rod stock.This was also the first and last attempt at the Fokker streaked finish using my trusty airbrush.I never was happy with how the streaks came out,think when I build the Roden example I use brushwork insteed.Anyway I hope you enjoy my efforts.As always any and all commits will be appreciated.Thanks for looking.

Regards,

Gregory Jouette

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

Gregory,

The Revell Dr1 wasn't a bad kit. You have turned it into a really good model.

I especially like the way you have captured the overpainted yellow finish and the Fokker streaking on the fuselage is especially well done. From what I CAN see in the cockpit, it looks very good indeed.

Are you tempted by a Wingnut or three?

Regards,

Trubbie

Hello All,

I thought I'd post a few photos of my last WWI project before jumpimg over to WWII in 1/32 scale. However now with all the new 1/32 scale WWI kits coming to market now I'll be returning to my first modeling love.These images are of Revell's Fokker Dr.I build with much extra detail, in fact much of it is hidden inside the fuselage.The details include the 3/4 frame wired and braced, the cockpit,plus fuel tank,ammo boxes,and oil tank too.Just about everything I could fit in from the firewall back.Most of the additions are made from plastic card stock and rod stock.This was also the first and last attempt at the Fokker streaked finish using my trusty airbrush.I never was happy with how the streaks came out,think when I build the Roden example I use brushwork insteed.Anyway I hope you enjoy my efforts.As always any and all commits will be appreciated.Thanks for looking.

Regards,

Gregory Jouette

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
:partytime::elephant: Now this is one of the nicest Revell 1/28th Fokkers I've seen. It's a true gem.

Thanks guys for your kind words,it's very much appreciated.It did turn out well except for the Fokker streaked camouflage,never was thrilled by how that worked out.First and last attempt at streaked camouflage using an airbrush,next one will be brush painted streaks.Now where did I hide that Roden Fokker at?

Regards,

Gregory Jouette

• 2 weeks later...