Hasegawa 1:48 Ju87R-2

Every year I try to do something that I've never done before. Whether it's to try a new product, or skill, or subject..... this project, believe it or not will be the first time I've ever finished any German aircraft in straight 'splinter pattern'. I've been building kits for almost forty years and never finished one in 70/71/65 !; So here goes, starting with the (obligatory ?) box and refs shots:-

R1a.jpg

As you can see it's the 'Desert Snake' boxing of the Ju87, I went looking for a 1:48 'Zero 21' at the Cosford show last month and came-back with this...... Hmmmm. I have a few other Hasegawa Stukas in the stash but certainly not this one, last time I saw this boxing it went for over twenty quid on eBay. Quickboost exhausts and the excellent Eduard 'Zoom' set are the only additions for this project. And given that I'm not as young as I once was, the 'greenhouse' is going to be masked with the appropriate Eduard mask set.

Bookss are always important to me, not just as a simple reference material but also as inspiration; Here's part of my Ju87 library:-

R1b.jpg

As ever, thanks for looking, any and all comments, criticism and questions are welcome.

Ian

(Next, some cockpit shots.)

Wasn't certain about the interior shade, whether to use 02 or 66. As this is going to be a straight R-2 in Spring 1941, I decided that 02 would the 'probably' be right. Well it's my decision and I'll live with it ! - The Eduard Zoom set has been added, and the rudder cut-off to re-position later. I've filled the resulting chasm with plastic-card and putty.

R2a.jpg

R2b.jpg

R2c.jpg

Ian