Aurora DH-10

FZ6

I've purchased an Aurora 1:48 DH-10 from ebay and I was wondering what it was like as a kit ? I've not really been able to find out any information on it apart from comments that it is a really bad kit or any builds on the internet but given it's age it should prove to be a nice challenge.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

I've purchased an Aurora 1:48 DH-10 from ebay and I was wondering what it was like as a kit ? I've not really been able to find out any information on it apart from comments that it is a really bad kit or any builds on the internet but given it's age it should prove to be a nice challenge.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

MARK I also have a copy of the kit and I plan on building it at sometime in the future. To add some detail ,I bought Albatros Productions Data File # 38 for it. There are quite a few interior photos plus loads of exterior ones. Also the usual color profiles on the back cover. And best of all : 1/72nd & 1/48th scale plans if anyone wants to accurize the model. All I plan to do is to add some interior detail & maybe some work on the motors. Good luck with yours. Carl T :speak_cool:

MARK I also have a copy of the kit and I plan on building it at sometime in the future. To add some detail ,I bought Albatros Productions Data File # 38 for it. There are quite a few interior photos plus loads of exterior ones. Also the usual color profiles on the back cover. And best of all : 1/72nd & 1/48th scale plans if anyone wants to accurize the model. All I plan to do is to add some interior detail & maybe some work on the motors. Good luck with yours. Carl T :speak_cool:

Thanks Carl.

I'll look out for it. Is it the Windsock one? Sorry if that's a silly question.

Well the kit has arrived and I've had a look. Judging by the moulded on roundels and smooth undersurfaces. I can now guess where Smer got their Bristol Bulldog kit from!

If I can add some interior detail and some ribbing to the undersurfaces it should build into an interesting model. I've ordered some Brass Strutz from Aeroclub as well which should help.

Is the general shape accurate or do modifications need making?

Mark ,Yes it is the Windsock Datafile & it wasn't a silly question. I am 77 years old & these Aurora kits were around when I was in my 20s & 30s. Having built several of them back then. I now have in stock, the Gotha G5, p-26 , Albatros C3, with the Gotha partialy together. Carl T :speak_cool:

Hello,

Aurora never did a Bulldog, this is an old Merit kit. I have heard about a remark about this Aurora DH 10 kit: scratchbuild wings and fuselage. I did one years ago, simply OOB. Have to say it does fit very well and it has a nice set of crew.

My advise: simpley build it OOB and look at it as a nice peice of modelkit history.

Cheers.

P.s. Merlin did a 72 nd scale one as well, beleive it's an awful kit!

Hello,

Aurora never did a Bulldog, this is an old Merit kit. I have heard about a remark about this Aurora DH 10 kit: scratchbuild wings and fuselage. I did one years ago, simply OOB. Have to say it does fit very well and it has a nice set of crew.

My advise: simpley build it OOB and look at it as a nice peice of modelkit history.

Cheers.

P.s. Merlin did a 72 nd scale one as well, beleive it's an awful kit!

I Could have sworn the Bulldog was made by the same company as the DH.10 due to the moulded on Roundels and markings as well as the smooth under surfaces of the wings. Maybe this was the style that kits were manufactured in at the time.

I think the figures are great for the time as well. Even a small base with some chocks. as the parts were loose on their sprues I've dry fitted some of the main parts and the fit is really good. Not bad for a kit made in 1959.

I've had a look at the windsock datafile and for the price it looks like it's worth getting.

I won't be starting it for a while though as I have a Blue Max Vickers Gun Bus on the go that I need to get to grips with first.