737-200 underside colours

woody37

Hi guys,

I am building a 737-200 in Britannia 80's colours (Big thanks to Chris (Stringbag) for selling me a kit, these are like rocking horse manure !!). Whilst the underside is silver, the coroguard area is light grey. Does anyone have an reference to what parts of the underside of the body are coroguard so I can mask the correct area off for painting ?

Thanks

Neil

When I did mine I looked at various photos on Airliner.net and came up with the color scheme as per the pictures below...

314570946.jpg

314570948.jpg

314570952.jpg

314269793.jpg

I don't know if this helps.

Cheers!

Would you believe it!!!!!!

I have the same postcard.

737postcard.jpg

Lovely scheme on the 737, but they made a hash of the anti-glare panel.

Chris.

Edited by stringbag

Hi Neil,

Theres a couple of boxes of several varieties of rocking horse manure left in my garage, just waiting for you to come and take a looksy :whistle:

I've checked with the other half and Saturday 23rd would be good.

I'll let Chris know, and leave it to you guys to finalise the details.

Cheers

Ant

Most 737-200s had no Coroguard on the lower surfaces at all. Only the very earliest -200s had the inspar panel on the lower wing surface so treated. Almost all -200s (and later) had the entire lower wing surface painted BAC 707 Gray, along with the fibreglass wing/body fairing. Depending on the customer's paint scheme, the wing/body fairing may also have been the same color as the fuselage.

On many (probably all) brand new -200s the Krueger flaps inboard of the engines were painted white (or a very slight off-white). Generally after an airplane was repainted during a D check however, they were simply painted the same grey as the lower wing.

J

Hi Neil,

Theres a couple of boxes of several varieties of rocking horse manure left in my garage, just waiting for you to come and take a looksy :whistle:

I've checked with the other half and Saturday 23rd would be good.

I'll let Chris know, and leave it to you guys to finalise the details.

Cheers

Ant

Great news, I will see if the 23rd is OK with Chris. Looking forward to a 'Sad Mans' day out - that's what the Missus calls it !!!

Just got a job after being without work for a couple of months, so ready to have a look through your boxes :)

Cheers

Most 737-200s had no Coroguard on the lower surfaces at all. Only the very earliest -200s had the inspar panel on the lower wing surface so treated. Almost all -200s (and later) had the entire lower wing surface painted BAC 707 Gray, along with the fibreglass wing/body fairing. Depending on the customer's paint scheme, the wing/body fairing may also have been the same color as the fuselage.

On many (probably all) brand new -200s the Krueger flaps inboard of the engines were painted white (or a very slight off-white). Generally after an airplane was repainted during a D check however, they were simply painted the same grey as the lower wing.

J

The pictures I have of the Britannia 732's do have the light grey wing root area, so I will make assumptions based on the model by BAC, it's good for me.

That said, the picture above does appear to have unpainted underwings, I have done mine in grey. Oh well, gonna leave it be now. I'll pretend this plane was on the way to get it's bottom wing painted !!!!

Cheers

Edited by woody37