May 2007 Model Aircraft Monthly.

roym

Looks real. Looks really real.

Looks REALLY REALLY real.

Except the stencils seem to be decals, and the paint has brush strokes.

I emailed the publishers but waiting on a response.

Anyone here know?

Hmm, now you come to mention it...

Just assumed it was a model but the closer I look the more I think it's the real thing.

Nice photo yes, and it is a REAL harrier.

It would have been nice to see a kit built to look that good. If it was a kit, they would have featured inside.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a model!!!

Sorry to dig up this thread from so long ago but just found the answer in the new Modellers Datafile on the SHAR. It's the Airfix 24th scale built by Nick Greenhall to a standard that is both inspiring and depressing at the same time.

Strewth, that's impressive. As you say Col, also depressing - it's just way out of sight !

Query on MAM, anyone. What was on the cover, and /or inside Model Aircraft Monthly for June 2007 please?

I can't find it in my pile of magazines. Am now asking myself if I missed it, or have just misplaced. Aargh - senility.......

Query on MAM, anyone. What was on the cover, and /or inside Model Aircraft Monthly for June 2007 please?

I can't find it in my pile of magazines. Am now asking myself if I missed it, or have just misplaced. Aargh - senility.......

It was the Falklands follow-up with a brown/green Pucara on it. Six day war in the Air Wars section, etc...

It's a model!!!

Sorry to dig up this thread from so long ago but just found the answer in the new Modellers Datafile on the SHAR. It's the Airfix 24th scale built by Nick Greenhall to a standard that is both inspiring and depressing at the same time.

More so because it's a conversion from the GR1 kit, built (originally) in 1985ish

It's a model!!!

I can testify to that having seen it up close several times. Nick performs pure magic on Airfix kits.

Stephen

• 2 weeks later...
You mean this one....?

Nick_SHAR_2.jpg

Brush strokes? Where?

That's the one! Stunning model.

The brush strokes are on the roundels where the white section was over-painted on the cruise down. Just one of countless little touches that lift this model toward the heights of perfection.