Glencoe Models Bristol Sycamore

Just a few pics of the Glencoe Sycamore that I built for the helicopter group build over on UAMF.

Martin

101_0539.jpg

101_0538.jpg

101_0540.jpg

101_0530.jpg

101_0531.jpg

Edited by martin hale
  • Like 8

Stunning model and presentation but P*ss poor parking, he missed the H ;)

We used to have one outside our hangar at Odious as a "gate guardian, was in the old white and blue scheme, but then went into Camo as it was deemed a " visible" target outside the hanger if we ever went to war with the Ruskies, fact we had a bomb dump next door and a bl**dy great hangar behind it with taxiways into and out of it didn't seem to matter.

Edited by TonyT

It's a nice work. The painting is superb and the open doors brings to the model a new fresh air (literally!). A very original model. For me is 10/10. :goodjob:

Greetings. TRUSKY1965.

Edited by TRUSKY1965

Very nice. As a matter of interest, is it a tail sitter that requires loads of ballast? Looks better without that faired nose wheel.

I have one I want to put in SAR colours, but I have to re-jig the rear cabin.

Very nice. As a matter of interest, is it a tail sitter that requires loads of ballast? Looks better without that faired nose wheel.

I have one I want to put in SAR colours, but I have to re-jig the rear cabin.

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

I don't know if its a tail sitter. i didn't take the chance and bungd in 15gms of weight just in case.

Martin

What does it scale out as? I know Glencoe claim 1/72, but it always looked bigger to me.

A moot point there. I have seen the scale 1/69 bandied about in the past and the model is slightly larger than the only set of supposedly 1/72 scale plans I have although these look a bit undersized to me. The Sycamore is a rather larger machine that one would have expected when stood next to it. I also found that 1/72 parts from my spares box worked fine. Given the kit's Lincoln origins I would say that this is a "fit the box" scale that is close to but not quite 1/72 scale but I can't be sure. I don't reallly mind as I tend not to worry too much about all my models being to a constant scale anymore. If a kit is of a unique subject that I want I nowadays take the attitude that it is the right scale and the right kit for me.

Martin

Edited by martin hale

Lovely job, looks great in blue :goodjob:

I wish somebody would make a new kit if the sycamore.

I agree in 1/35th would be nice with a fully detailed engine , along with a Wessex :)

Well we can all dream, can't we.

I agree in 1/35th would be nice with a fully detailed engine , along with a Wessex :)

Well we can all dream, can't we.

OOohhh - pleeze...

Add a Seaking, Whirlwind, Wasp and Belvedere to that too!

Yes - dreaming is good :)

Iain

• 8 years later...

That's a very nice example of the type. I've got the same Glencoe model after picking it up from Duxford last month. I got it home and realised there were no decals with it. I don't suppose you'd be willing to swap your remaining decals for something from my spares stash? ;)

Lovely looking Sycamore Martin. I know it's not the best kit in the world, but you've certainly beaten this one into submission and capped it off with a very attractive colour scheme.