Which kit?

speedy

Never thought about it before, but was in Salisbury model centre and saw the Typhoon. Got me thinking though:

1. Which Kit is best for a single and Twin seat Typhoon in 1/72?

Also, I'm after a FGA.9 Hunter & i think there is a big kit out there 48/32? (revell?). Ive seen photos of a rather detaild OOB build but can't find it :shithappens:

1. Which is the best kit for large (bigger than 1/72) Mk 9 hunter

Thanks in advance.

The 1/48 Academy Hunter is a bit hit and miss - the airframe shape is there but the undercarriage, cockpit and ejector seat and woefully underscale. The jet pipe area is also a bit iffy and the the canopy has a frame line at the rear where there isn't one.

Nothing that cannot be cured using the relevant Aeroclub accessories.

In all my years watching planes, I have NEVER EVER seen a Hunter parked next to a giant one pence piece.... :hmmm: And the pre-shading on the queen's head is WAY overdone :P

In all my years watching planes, I have NEVER EVER seen a Hunter parked next to a giant one pence piece.... :hmmm: And the pre-shading on the queen's head is WAY overdone :P

Since we're in :smartass: mode, there's no such thing as a one pence; it's still one penny, two pence, etc. Now to retire to the bunker............

Edgar

Matt

Look on eBay for your Academy Hunters. These were both less than a fiver... and one had a complete Cutting Edge cockpit and Aeroclub update set in! For the Swiss one I bought the PJ set direct and still had change from £20 for the set and base kit (and Aeroclub metal wheels)...

bestest,

M.

You'll definitely need a cockpit for the Academy 1/48th scale kit. Looking at the cockpit bits, including the seat it is indeed woefully undersize. I don't know that it's as small as 1/72nd scale bits would be, but you'll still want to replace it with Aires or similar.