Falcon 1:48 Supermarine Seafang

Mike

Well that i looking awful smart Mike!! So we have several months to go in this GB, gonna do a couple of entries??

Not on your nelly! :lol: I got masters to make & armour to build ;)

First coat of Sky went on a few minutes ago... I'll be lightening some of the panels subtly in a little while :)

Thanks for all your offers Gents... much appreciated. Guess what though? After Enzo mentioned the 22, I went rooting through the stash to look for mine and found a set of Quickboost cannon barrels in there. The plans show a length of 10.5mm, which matches the short ones, but the long ones have an extension tube on the rear, so when cut off the shrouds & barrels are identical. I sacrificed them to the build, and will get a new set one day when I start work on the Mk.22/24.

Thank you both for taking the time to root through your spares/stash for me :worthy:

Oh and Mike, just ONE master to finish?? :analintruder:

I know not of what you speak :innocent:

Paint's on the main airframe, and went on ok, apart from a little bit of spitting caused by a couple of bits in the grey.

airframe6.jpg

airframe8.jpg

airframe7.jpg

There's still plenty to do. Next job is to paint up the exhausts, which will need some masking to protect the paint job from the rust pigments I usually use. Then it's a Klear coat, and decalling - the kit decals are poop, so I've nicked some decent roundels from another sheet, and will just use the black large codes under the wings, and the small codes & yellow 5 on the tail. After that it's washes & weathering... couple more days, maybe a week to go :)

• Like 1

Looks fantastic. Look even better wearing some service markings, say the type used on the Seafire 46? :clap2:

:lol: you're relentless! A coat of Klear is being applied as we speak/type. The prop is painted & weathered, and the wheels are waiting for their wash to dry. Looks like decalling will be tomorrow... got nothing else planned, so unless things go titsup.com, she'll be very much closer to completion by the end of tomorrow :frantic:

Look like those that come with the Airfix MK 46/47.

HTH

Christian the Married

Ooh, in that case I'll have a close look at the decal sheet Wooksta kindly sent me... Serendipity? :)

A quick update. Small parts will be added once the panel wash & weathering stage have been & gone. I've tacked on the prop to give an idea of how it'll look. Better than the original, but not perfect :shrug:

airframe9.jpg

airframe10.jpg

airframe11.jpg

There'll probably be another minor update later today :frantic:

Look like those that come with the Airfix MK 46/47.

Close enough for Government work ;)

Looking great...

The pre-start shout of 'Clear Prop' must take on a whole new meaning when you've got that lot up front!! :pilot:

Iain

That ain't a prop... THIS is a prop!

done2.jpg

Neither of them, technically speaking, are propellors. They're airscrews; aircraft like the Walrus and Little Nellie have propellors ('cos they push, see?) :smartass:

Edgar

Neither of them, technically speaking, are propellors. They're airscrews; aircraft like the Walrus and Little Nellie have propellors ('cos they push, see?) :smartass:

Edgar

Yebbut - I've yet to hang out the cockpit and shout 'Clear Airscrew' - I'd get some right looks from anyone nearby - and they're already really good at taking the 'p' out of my flying antics :)

CF 'Clear Prop'

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

That ain't a prop... THIS is a prop!

Feck thats a killer prop i like the look of that !

seafangs going great Mike

i too am amazed at your speed mate

and me yet to sample mee first Vac Doofer

Vac Virgin out

:innocent: