Canberra PR.9s

Beer Monster

Are the Canberras that the RAF sold off and were subsequently parked up at RAF Kemble by Delta Air still airworthy?

While painting the fence this afternoon I could have sworn that it was a Canberra that flew overhead in a south easterly direction, either that or a Meteor but the wing looked too wide for a Meteor.

Andy

It was most likely Martin Bakers Meteor - It was at Brize on Tuesday I think. Yes the Canberra's are airworthy (having been at Kemble since last July) but not have flown since.

Gary

Are the Canberras that the RAF sold off and were subsequently parked up at RAF Kemble by Delta Air still airworthy?

While painting the fence this afternoon I could have sworn that it was a Canberra that flew overhead in a south easterly direction, either that or a Meteor but the wing looked too wide for a Meteor.

Andy

Well, a pal of a friend, of a friend of a friend informed me (before April 1st!!) that at least ONE PR9 has been painted in an overall (UN?) white and is destined for clandestine missions over.......somewhere secret!!.

I happen to also know someone who has family ties with Kemble, so I've tasked him with finding out if its true!

Well, a pal of a friend, of a friend of a friend informed me (before April 1st!!) that at least ONE PR9 has been painted in an overall (UN?) white and is destined for clandestine missions over.......somewhere secret!!.

I happen to also know someone who has family ties with Kemble, so I've tasked him with finding out if its true!

I'll get that checked out tomorrow. SWMBO has two hangars for wine storage at Kemble, I'll get her to get the gen via VISINT........and/or photo evidence.

Vulcan is due at Kemble Air Day this year, along with the Reds doing flybys with Hunters and Gnats...the Falklands formation (with Vulcan) is due to fly through the same day after waving to Her Majesty.

I'll get that checked out tomorrow. SWMBO has two hangars for wine storage at Kemble, I'll get her to get the gen via VISINT........and/or photo evidence.

Vulcan is due at Kemble Air Day this year, along with the Reds doing flybys with Hunters and Gnats...the Falklands formation (with Vulcan) is due to fly through the same day after waving to Her Majesty.

Wine storage Rich?? Wine!! Yummmeeeee!!

AND I think a Britmodel(l)er-a-thon is on the card for Kemble this year!!!!

Wine storage Rich?? Wine!! Yummmeeeee!!

AND I think a Britmodel(l)er-a-thon is on the card for Kemble this year!!!!

Sounds like a good idea to me Bill!

The wine is kept in Kemble B site which is flight side I'm afraid!!

If you've not done Kemble, then I can recommend it....not so many greys/greys and a lot more classic stuff and your feet don't hurt as much. I could bring some wine!

Anyone for a meet up?

Hic....