Wingnut LVG C.VI <<<Slow in Progress>>>

Hello all,

Well, I've lovingly looked over this model for long enough, time to take the sprue cutters to her.

Let the journey begin... ;) No Box art ...straight into the fray!

The first thing I do with any WW1 subject is clean up seams and then loads of dry fitting. The pictures below will show you my 4 hrs of effort. Every part is clean enough for paint and every part so far (apart from the Rudder... I'll come to that in a moment) fits beautifully.

The rudder:

I'm probably being over picky with this, but felt it was too obvious to leave alone. Basically, the gap between rudder and fin needed reducing. I glued 5tho plastic card to the affected area... job done! When I come to the painting stage I will use mr surfacer to blend in any faults

lvg.jpg

The next 3 pictures speak for themselves. Dry fit paradise :D

lvg1.jpg

lvg2.jpg

lvg3.jpg

That will do for now.

Cheers,

Von lego C.VI

Bob

I REALLY cant wait to see you work your magic on this one!! I am curious to see how you tackle the now infamous Aileron gap that everyone on Hyperscale is talking about.

Cheers

Mike

Mike,

I think the aileron issue is with the Junkers J.1 ...I think...haha

Von Junkered

Lego it may be, but he's got the British colours in there, whahhhhh.

general_melchett.jpg

Good work man.

Nick von Stiffupper

Nick,

Nice observation, although completely random on my part :) It must of been my subconscious mind at work with those blocks.

Oh yes!

Bob

Looks like a thread worth following. I used to always look forward to seeing the CVI fly at Shuttleworth - shame she's no longer there.

Yes, Obi Wan.

Tis a crying shame the old girl won't be flying anymore. I know that the LVG belongs to the IWM but where is she now being stored?

Cheers

Von Buckle

Yes, Obi Wan.

Tis a crying shame the old girl won't be flying anymore. I know that the LVG belongs to the IWM but where is she now being stored?

Cheers

Von Buckle

Yes, Obi Wan.

Cheers

Von Buckle

IIRC RAF Museum Hendon in the 'MIlestones of Flight(?)' hall

Christian the Married

IIRC RAF Museum Hendon in the 'MIlestones of Flight(?)' hall

Definitely not in that hall, I was there a couple of weeks ago. I keep missing the Graham White factory opening times, and I see online references to the LVG being on display in that building. I've failed to find any online images of it in that location though :unsure:

Chers,

Bill.

Definitely not in that hall, I was there a couple of weeks ago. I keep missing the Graham White factory opening times, and I see online references to the LVG being on display in that building. I've failed to find any online images of it in that location though :unsure:

Chers,

Bill.

Cheers Bill!

Knew I was having a brain-quake!!

I've tried whenever possible to enter the hallowed halls of the Graham White Hangar too only to be informed that it is only open on specific dates (yet to find out when those are) or if there is sufficient staff... Oh hum, one day

Christian the Married

Edited by wyverns4