DeHavilland Hornet seat/armour drawings?

jenshb

I've got some pics showing the upper part of the armour front and behind, but none showing how the seat was suspended in the aircraft, so I'm trying to see if anyone's got some official drawings they'd like to share before scratchbuilding this part. The pilot's notes on the Hornet, the Warpaint book and the Hornet File are my references, and none of these show the full picture. Do I have to get creative?:)

Jens

Thanks for that Neil,

Alas you're right, it doesn't show much of what I was after. The seat in the CA kit seems decent as a basis, but what I'm really after was the way the seat was suspended. I suppose the mechanism in principle was similar to the Spitfire (there are only so many ways to skin a cat), but there could be a lot of variations in detail design.

Jens

• 2 months later...
Thanks for that Neil,

Alas you're right, it doesn't show much of what I was after. The seat in the CA kit seems decent as a basis, but what I'm really after was the way the seat was suspended. I suppose the mechanism in principle was similar to the Spitfire (there are only so many ways to skin a cat), but there could be a lot of variations in detail design.

Jens

Are you still after the Hornet seat gen?

John

Thanks for your offer John, but I think I've got it cracked. In any case, there's little to be seen as you can see in my build thread.

Jens

I'm glad you spotted the spinners, just one of the many inaccuracies in 'all' Hornet drawings and kits. The fullsize spinner dia by the way is 29".

I am to to co-author, with the owner of the cockpit, what we hope will be the definative technical book with the first very accurate drawings, dealing with these lovely aeroplanes. There will be a few surprises with especially dimensions.

John