Welcome to the Vacform GB

dswoofie

Hi,

I'm late to the party (as usual), but I'm sort of committed to building a Swift FR.5 for our next club display (roll on Southwell & Telford), so if it's OK with everyone here, I'll formally state my intention to build the Falcon Models 1/48 Supermarine Swift FR.5. It will be about the tenth vacform I have started over fifty years of kitbashing. I hope that it will be the first I complete!

swift.jpg

Ian

Ah, Mr. Crawford - I thought that it was you...Welcome to BM. Good luck with your Swift, I'm sure that it shall be as stunning as all of your hundreds of Spitfire models :D

Cheers

Derek

Edited by Derek Bradshaw

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I'm sold and I'm in!!!!

I'll be doing a double, it's the best excuse ever to do the Dynavector 1/48th scale De Havilland Hornet F3 and the Sea Hornet.

So, armed with black felt tip pen, sharp scalpel blades, sanding sticks and a good amount of patience... I'm off to a good start!! :frantic:

I'm quite interested in joining in on this one. I have a few vacforms, but the only two I'm willing to tackle as my first-ever are the Falcon Beaufighter and Ta 152 kits in 1/48. I inherited both models, and they're missing everything expect the plastic sheets. So, no canopies, no decals, no white metal parts. I'm leaning towards the Ta 152, simply because I think I'll be able to scrounge the missing parts and decals more easily. I need to make a bit more progress on my current build before I commit though!

Kev

I'm quite interested in joining in on this one. I have a few vacforms, but the only two I'm willing to tackle as my first-ever are the Falcon Beaufighter and Ta 152 kits in 1/48. I inherited both models, and they're missing everything expect the plastic sheets. So, no canopies, no decals, no white metal parts. I'm leaning towards the Ta 152, simply because I think I'll be able to scrounge the missing parts and decals more easily. I need to make a bit more progress on my current build before I commit though!

Kev

Hi Kev,

There are probably other more suitable vacforms for a beginner, but the 152 is as good as any - so go for it ;)

It does not matter really if you finish it or not, merely having a go at it shall open your eyes and modelling skills to a whole new world of possibilities (and you'll feel pretty chuffed to boot as well).

Good luck

Derek

• 1 month later...

I took a long time deciding about this. This will be my first GB entry and only my third ever vacform, but hopefully my first successful vacform completion. I've previously tried the Contrail 72nd TSR.2 (failed, scrapped and binned) and have a 'part started' Gran 72nd Tigercat with all the Aires add-ons for the Monogram kit (cockpit, wheel wells and both engines) plus a vacform canopy. Not been happy with my progress on the latter, so thought that this GB might get me more comfortable with the genre, and lead to me actually building my Dynavector 48th TSR.2 at some point...

My entry... the ID Models 48th Supermarine Swift FR.5 (I see someone else is doing the Falcon kit too - hope that one is better than this one! :) ). Picked up in a trade some time ago. Very basic, but I hope to do it some justice.

I'll post pics of my progress so far later this week.

Kevin S :guitar:

Good to have you onboard Kevin... everyone else seems conspicuous by their absence. :hmmm: I might be starting a Sea Vixen soon, if time permits... watch this space.

Oh, and the rest of you... get on with your collective builds! :fight:

<Snip>

Oh, and the rest of you... get on with your collective builds! :fight:

Now that I've finished my Canberra TT.18 for the Canberra GB I have re-started my Spitfire XI. Progress update soon, when there is something more tangible to show than filled/rescribed panel lines .....

Ian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

C'mon guys & girls... you've only go to the 28th Feb 2010 to get your remaining entries done. Let's have a concerted effort to up the total of completions from 4, eh? :)

C'mon guys & girls... you've only go to the 28th Feb 2010 to get your remaining entries done. Let's have a concerted effort to up the total of completions from 4, eh? :)

Things are progressing nicely now - almost completed the C-133 rudder and nearly finished all the interior. Should be ready to close soon...

On target for the 28th Feb.

:giles:

Darius

• 1 month later...

Well... the GB is finished. If you've managed to scrape in under the wire, get your pics into the parc-ferme ASAP if not sooner ;)

If you've not finished in time, let me know and I'll transfer your WIP thread to the appropriate section. :)