F/A18-C 1:72

I thought i would try 1:72 for a change, i only really build 1:48.

i was wondering if a good quality kit in this smaller scale was as good as a cheaper 1:48, so i went for the Hasegawa chippy ho kit.

here is how far i have got.

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0008-1.jpg

i am very ham fisted, but first impressions, im a bit disapointed.

the fit of the tail wa rubbish, not at all what i was expecting.

saying that it could very well be down to me and my lack of skill regarding gluing bits together.

Wayne

Edited by palacefan

I have a print out of a topic posted on ARC back in 2004 regarding the best way to tackle these wee beasties.

Basically it was decided the best way is use CA and work from the bottom end to the front.

I shall see what I can do to replicate the info for you, as the topic is no longer on the boards.

Also the nose is too blunt and needs either putty or CA and sanding to give it a point.

Edited by Andy Mullen

I have a print out of a topic posted on ARC back in 2004 regarding the best way to tackle these wee beasties.

Basically it was decided the best way is use CA and work from the bottom end to the front.

I shall see what I can do to replicate the info for you, as the topic is no longer on the boards.

Also the nose is too blunt and needs either putty or CA and sanding to give it a point.

Thanks Andy, that would be great as i was thinking of building a-f in this scale. i dont think i will bother puting the nose right as i dont really get much fun from sanding (i have to do enough of it due to the careless assembling) and i wont know the difference.

Thanks Oliver, it is the 1998 one. I like the later schemes but they were more expensive and i am a tight wad.

Thanks Phil, if you find it harder, then perhaps the build is going better than i thought.

Wayne

• 4 weeks later...

I have finally gotten around to painting it. Still got a long way to go but it is going quite well for a change.

Green on the inside of the tail next and then the bits and bobs.

PICT0031.jpg

And given it some of Phils wash :thumbsup:

PICT0032.jpg

Johnstoned, decaled and flat coat. Decals went on really well, but the tail ones took a little time.

undercarriage is on but i think it needs a little more of the wash taken off looking at this.

PICT0046.jpg

Thankyou chaps, it has alot to do with the kit. although i wasnt very impressed with the fit of some parts, the detail is very good.