Mosquito Highball

Neil

Just for Mike, when you get the bits in the post these two pics will show you where all the bits go, because the instructions are not finished yet.

This is the Narromine one, if you do a UK based one leave off the 4-blade props, arrestor hook, tropical intakes and the second reinforcing strip from the left fuselage side.

146_4653.jpg

143_4336.jpg

B)

I have a 1/72 highball belly here if anybody wants it. Not sure if it is a complete conversion as it is just the bomb bay and bombs

That one is now well out of date, been superceded by something more comprehensive.

B)

Guest Drewe

I'm now going to say three things. This is to see if Neil can add them altogether and understand what I'm getting at:-

1/72

Tamiya

Twin-stage

(Hope my hints aren't too subtle!)

I'm now going to say three things. This is to see if Neil can add them altogether and understand what I'm getting at:-

1/72

Tamiya

Twin-stage

(Hope my hints aren't too subtle!)

Already ahead of you on that one.... :D

PAR72045.jpg

Full list is here:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php...%5B%5D=code+asc

Once the instructions are drawn up, they will be released. Working on them at the mo.

B)

Absolutely love it Neil!!! :yahoo: I have to avoid the urge to order some more Tamiya Mossies right here and now!

Too late for me - I've already asked for one for me birthday :)

• 2 weeks later...
Not that I'm making any plans or anything :whistling: , but Just wondering if this will be in 1/48 or 1/72......

I fink it's bofe :dunce:

That's why he's been so busy of late.

Got my set in 1:48 & it's the usual quality Paragon jobbie... Can't wait to get going on it :D

Question for Neil though. What's the best way to remove the casting pluc from the shround round the bomb bay? I've been looking at it, and it looks tricky, avoiding ruining the lip of the shroud :unsure:

Not that I'm making any plans or anything :whistling: , but Just wondering if this will be in 1/48 or 1/72......

They will be in both scales :)

Question for Neil though. What's the best way to remove the casting pluc from the shround round the bomb bay? I've been looking at it, and it looks tricky, avoiding ruining the lip of the shroud :unsure:

I took most of mine off with a coarse file, then when you get close to the fairing shroud finish off with wet 'n dry paper.

Pic of the trials Highball (note the 6 stub exhausts on the outboard side of the nacelles, however the standard 5 stub exhausts were still retained on the inboard sides of the nacelles, though this fit was not used on production aircraft).

DK290GMosquitoBIVconvertedtocarryHi.jpg

Bomb bay

HighballinMosquitobombay.jpg

On deck of the carriers when they arrived in Australia

Striker_C.jpg

B)

I really should learn to click on some of those linky things before I ask questions... :stupid: Great to hear anyway and I'll be putting this before the minister for war and finances (aka SWMBO) for approval of release of funds.