1/32 Bristol F.2b Fighter

KiwiSteve

Be warned, beautiful as it is do not be deceived. The builder can screw it up by taking things for granted. Do not attempt to do the rigging in the cockpit on the outer surface of the frame. The tolerance s are so tight the interior will not fit inside the fuselage. Make sure that the rudder frame is very well cemented as it is rather weak. Do not attempt to answer the phone whilst holding the assembled wing and undercarriage as the undercarriage may snap off. read the instructions very carefully as although they look good they do not tell you much. Look carefully ten times, test fit at least six times and glue twice after carefully disassembling the next day after you have realised that really won't work. remove fingerprints before final assembly. Buy another kit, in my case the SE5a in the hope that you have learnt something. Be careful in assembling the lower wings to the undercarriage frame. The fit is less than perfect. I assembled mine before attaching it to the fuselage and filler obscured some vital detail such as the undercarriage frame holes between the fuselage and bottom wing. In short, it is still plastic modeling and because it is so good it gives many new opportunities to stuff things up.

Happy modeling, rapa