Canberra madness (T17) - ** 1/48 Finished! - Better Photo's **

Hi Bill

Thanks, however, there is a sting in the tail, keep watching!

Hi all

Had to take some photos for a Magizine so I took some Hi-resolution photos of WK111 at the end. Still lots more more decals to apply then I can pull it all together.

regards

Chris

P8020007.jpg

P8020008.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Two weeks ago , after a week of sickness, I had an emergency operation on my stomach. I have just been discharged at look likely to be unwell for a few more weeks. So I guess I wont have WK111 done on time. I expect one of the cottage industry's will have a slot together conversion by then, but I will get her done as a testament to my model madness.

regards

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was thinking of doing my kit in the Hemp scheme but after seeing your superb model so far it might just have to be the Grey Green scheme now as it looks stunning, keep up the good work

Cheers

Tony O

In my fifth week now after the operation and I have managed some model making. No more than 20 minutes at a time, but I have made some progress. I have just printed Ed's Canberra airbrakes art work onto decal paper. The wheels and oleo legs are done. The flaps are nearly there and the decaling is just about there. Next step is to sort the wing tanks and get the undercarriage on. Here are some photo's from today, Saturday 12 Sept. She wont be ready for the Farnborough show, but I will take her along to show anyway. Then all those aerials need sorting out!

regards

Chris

P9120014.jpg

P9120012.jpg

P9120010.jpg

P9120015.jpg

P9120016.jpg

P9120009.jpg

That is mighty fine work Chris, it really does make a change to see a T17 in green and grey instead of hemp :yahoo: Hope you are feeling better :thumbsup2:

Bexy

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly there now, she is up on her undercarriage with doors all in place. The flaps need a little more painting before going on. Rudder and ailerons are nearly ready too. I have been making aerials and getting brass pins ready to attach them, see nose. Wing tanks are drying after decalling, and the wing probe is done. Once she is all together then it will time for a coat of matt varnish and some more weathering, plus paint the engine exhausts. Another week or two will do it I hope.

regards

Chris

P9250002.jpg

P9250003.jpg

P9250004.jpg

P9250001.jpg

P9250001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thats come out really nice Chris - may have to give that route a go as well!! (Still got the nose parts from the CA kit!). One thing though, did you use the Airfix or CA "goldfish" bowl, it looks a bit shallow in some pic's - though maybe its the angle of the camera...