Wingnut Wings

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

well my ransom notes arrived today for my wingnuts kits 3 altogether

58 quid all in , still goes witrh the territory eh ? seems like thier new postage method

to avoid uk buyers getting stung dont freakin work it just take 3 times longer .

jim

Edited by sonofjim

well my ransom notes arrived today for my wingnuts kits 3 altogether

58 quid all in , still goes witrh the territory eh ? seems like thier new postage method

to avoid uk buyers getting stung dont freakin work it just take 3 times longer .

jim

How long did your ransom note take to arrive sonofjim? I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and I'm still waiting for it to be delivered. Can't wait to get my hands on the kit but not looking forward to the extortionate charges

How long did your ransom note take to arrive sonofjim? I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and I'm still waiting for it to be delivered. Can't wait to get my hands on the kit but not looking forward to the extortionate charges

it took 14 days all told from dispatch from NZ to my getting the Parcel force letters , the thing that struck me as being odd is the fact that all three letters

were different amounts yet the three kits cost the same ? do they just make this up as they go ? still looking forwardto getting the kits myself mate

they look stunning !

Got my ransom note tonight for my Brisfit - just over 18 quid - 10 Vat - 8 handling fee...

Oh - and a 30 mile round trip to collect from ParcelFarce depot at Kidlington :(

Looking forward to getting my hands on it though!! :)

Iain

Got my ransom note tonight for my Brisfit - just over 18 quid - 10 Vat - 8 handling fee...

Oh - and a 30 mile round trip to collect from ParcelFarce depot at Kidlington :(

Iain

you see thats really odd my brisfit worked out at 24 quid ??? howdo they work this stuff out ?

cool glad all is arrving safely mate

mine are due for arrival later today . cant wait exciting times eh Iain ? :yahoo:

how old are we ? :rofl:

Iain

You got off lightly, didn't you? The ransome for my Brisfit was £23.33 - £9.83 VAT & £13.50 handling charge. Was yours sent by the slower, no tracking, method? Or did you just get lucky with Parcelforce? :shrug:

Sounds like we've all entered a parallel universe of random number generation here...

Mine was sent by the second method Wingnut are using after initial feedback I believe.

I was tempted to order two others - but really can't justify the cost with VAT and handling charges... :(

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

I hear that Iain , i'm seriously going to haveto re consider getting any more ?

although i probably might . seems Random number gen it is mate !

I hear that Iain , i'm seriously going to haveto re consider getting any more ?

although i probably might . seems Random number gen it is mate !

here i go replying to my own post but above point re-considered after perousing the boxes of these kits this afternoon

its love all over again :wub: bring on the gotha i have absolutley no where to put it,,, but i dont care :closedeyes:

Picked my Brisfit up at lunchtime...

Believe it, or not, it's still sat in it's parcel unopened - and I've been working from home today - how's that for willpower! :)

Something to fondle tonight methinks...

Oh, yes, the Gotha...

Dunno how I'm going to pay for it - but I *will* have one!!!!!! :devil:

Iain

Got my SE5A today, postie knocked on the door, I signed that electronic handset thingy, said cheers, and that was it, didn't pay a penny. Maybe people are getting stung when they go collect the kits, has anyone had to pay when the kits have been delivered? The delivery note clearly stated the value in NZ$ too.

Got my SE5A today, postie knocked on the door, I signed that electronic handset thingy, said cheers, and that was it, didn't pay a penny. Maybe people are getting stung when they go collect the kits, has anyone had to pay when the kits have been delivered? The delivery note clearly stated the value in NZ$ too.
i never go to get the kits mate had a letter sent they were held to ransom

and to pay up and they'll deliver ... suffice to say you lucky lucky sod !

Picked my Brisfit up at lunchtime...

Believe it, or not, it's still sat in it's parcel unopened - and I've been working from home today - how's that for willpower!

....and breath... grass hoper .

thats amazing mate .

ditto on the gotha i'm already working on the missus . :wicked:

If there is duty to pay the parcel doesn't get delivered - you get a letter in the post stating duty and handling fees are payable and how to pay/get your parcel.

They used to try and deliver - but apparently that's all been binned as the drivers don't carry cash. So you get your ransome note instead.

There is a lower limit below which they don't normally charge the VAT - I seem to remember 35 quid (ish) but may be wrong on that. The SE5 is slightly cheaper so may have just scraped through - or you were just lucky!

Apparently customs are being a lot more thorough at the moment - far be it from me to even think about suggesting the government is trying to get all the revenue it can at the moment!

Thinking about it - what galls me is the handling fee - surely any parcel sent internationally should have an allowance built into the sending charge to cover any admin. I wouldn't expect it to cover any duty though.

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

after perousing the boxes of these kits this afternoon its love all over again :wub:

Indeedy - just opened and had first look - and I can see what all the raving is about!

Thing that impresses me most is the instructions - they've reinvented the wheel with these and it just makes you want to clear the decks and build!

Yes - patience grasshopper is bouncing around my head - and I need to find a nice inter-war 'Empire' scheme to do it in first! :pilot:

I feel a nice diorama with a Rolls Royce armoured car coming on - did I see there was a new 1:35 kit just released?

Piccie from www.overthefront.com:

vol08_1.jpg

Want to do a silver one though...

<wanders off to fire up google>

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

I got my ransom note today as well for my Brisfit. £10.49 VAT and an £8.00 Handling fee so 18.49 in total. It's getting close to 50% the cost of the kit.

I'm not going to put myself out by wasting time or petrol money by travelling accross sheffield to the other side of Rotherham to pick it up. They can bloody well bring it to me!

I've paid online and told them to deliver it tomorrow. I can understand paying VAT but it's frustrating having to pay a clearance fee as well. I don't know how they can justify the handling fee. Surely it doesn't cost £8.00 to send a letter out.

Ok rant over.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the plastic.

The Precious will soon be ours!

Indeedy - just opened and had first look - and I can see what all the raving is about!

Thing that impresses me most is the instructions - they've reinvented the wheel with these and it just makes you want to clear the decks and build!

Yes - patience grasshopper is bouncing around my head - and I need to find a nice inter-war 'Empire' scheme to do it in first! :pilot:

I feel a nice diorama with a Rolls Royce armoured car coming on - did I see there was a new 1:35 kit just released?

Piccie from www.overthefront.com:

vol08_1.jpg

Want to do a silver one though...Iain

<wanders off to fire up google>

,yeah really like the instructions mate theyre a really good read on thier own !

like the idea of a RR amroured car in the dio too :thumbsup2: and a silver Biff well .... SWEET !

I got my ransom note today as well for my Brisfit. £10.49 VAT and an £8.00 Handling fee so 18.49 in total. It's getting close to 50% the cost of the kit.

I'm not going to put myself out by wasting time or petrol money by travelling accross sheffield to the other side of Rotherham to pick it up. They can bloody well bring it to me!

I've paid online and told them to deliver it tomorrow. I can understand paying VAT but it's frustrating having to pay a clearance fee as well. I don't know how they can justify the handling fee. Surely it doesn't cost £8.00 to send a letter out.

Ok rant over.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the plastic.

The Precious will soon be ours!

yeah again different to the cost of my Brisfit ,wierd eh ? VAT calcs must be up the wall ? (or just bloody made up)

too bloody right mate like iain said the handling charge is a bleedin rip :angrysoapbox.sml: let them come to you

and deliver it .

,yeah really like the instructions mate theyre a really good read on thier own !

like the idea of a RR amroured car in the dio too :thumbsup2: and a silver Biff well .... SWEET !

I've seen the Roden Rolls Royce kit and it is very nice. I may have to get one myself at some point.

The Parcel man came this morning with my Brisfit after paying my ransom fee last night. I'm suitably impressed. The printing on the box is fantastic even down to the printed silver borders and lettering. Everything is sealed in plastic bags including the instruction book. What I do like as well is that even though the box is packed with plastic sprues there is no puzzle solving involved in getting everything back in after you have inspected all the sprues.

A couple of minor details that have stood out to me have been the stretched fabric covering over the wheels and the representation of spokes and a valve through the inspection hole. I also thing the stitching on the side of the fuselage is really well represented.

I've seen the Roden Rolls Royce kit and it is very nice. I may have to get one myself at some point.

The Parcel man came this morning with my Brisfit after paying my ransom fee last night. I'm suitably impressed. The printing on the box is fantastic even down to the printed silver borders and lettering. Everything is sealed in plastic bags including the instruction book. What I do like as well is that even though the box is packed with plastic sprues there is no puzzle solving involved in getting everything back in after you have inspected all the sprues.

A couple of minor details that have stood out to me have been the stretched fabric covering over the wheels and the representation of spokes and a valve through the inspection hole. I also thing the stitching on the side of the fuselage is really well represented.

DITTO mate just a feast cool little details and super prsentation

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, apologies. I know I'm late to the party here, but I've just found out about these kits from the latest issue of Tamiya mag.

Now I don't normally do doubleya doubleya one, but I can feel the pull of the darkside here. I'm very seriously tempted by the SE.5 and that Bristol Fighter.........they look stunning. B)

Trouble is I can't afford both at the mo, which means I've gotta make a tough decision..........SE5 or Brisfit.....Brisfit or SE5..... Se5 or Brisfit..... Finkle..... Einhorn...... Einhorn...... Finkle???? :banghead:

I think I'm leaning towards the Bristol (ooh errr!).

But, I like the SE5 as well.

Ahhhhhh, I can't decide. I wants both, precious. :frantic:

(PS, how cool is it that Peter Jackson is "ONE OF US" :nerd: ) :D

First of all, apologies. I know I'm late to the party here, but I've just found out about these kits from the latest issue of Tamiya mag.

Now I don't normally do doubleya doubleya one, but I can feel the pull of the darkside here. I'm very seriously tempted by the SE.5 and that Bristol Fighter.........they look stunning. B)

Trouble is I can't afford both at the mo, which means I've gotta make a tough decision..........SE5 or Brisfit.....Brisfit or SE5..... Se5 or Brisfit..... Finkle..... Einhorn...... Einhorn...... Finkle???? :banghead:

I think I'm leaning towards the Bristol (ooh errr!).

But, I like the SE5 as well.

Ahhhhhh, I can't decide. I wants both, precious. :frantic:

(PS, how cool is it that Peter Jackson is "ONE OF US" :nerd: ) :D

Ditto mate i was lured here to by them ner do well lot WNW

i must say theyre all absolutley fantastic in my opinion ,but the Brisfit just takes it from the SE5 IMHO

go for the BRISFIT first mate