Wingnut Wings

Phil

No problem Mike, as soon as it arrives I'll fetch it round for you to have a dekko.

Cheers

Den

I think Dan & Chris would probably like a butcher's too ;)

Latest theme on Hyperscales Theme Pix is Wingnut Wings kits some nice pics so far including the SE.5. http://www.clubhyper.com/forums/themepicsframe.htm

Paul Harrison

Well I've just received my LVG CVI and it is a thing of beauty. Even the packaging shouts "no expense spared". I spent an hour or so last night poring over the instruction booklet, I've resisited the temptation to open the sealed pack of decals - seems sensible to keep them sealed until I need them.

Judging from early reports the rigging should be a breeze on these. Pre-drilled holes and brackets provided... in theory it should be as simple as just threading the wire in and fixing.

That doesn't seem to be the case with the LVG, I've not observed any holes for rigging, thought the mounting points are well defined.

I really am delighted with this, a large CVI is something I've craved for over 25 years. Having not modelled biplanes for some years, I now have a yearning for the other Wingnut kits,

Cheers,

Bill.

Reminiscent of Pete Waterman's railway kits:

http://www.justliketherealthing.co.uk/index.html

In his case, he's building a colossal layout that he needs to equip with various loco's and rolling stock. He has established a business to create masters and build models to fulfil his needs – then recoups the costs by selling kits.

Great to see these 'media moguls' being so unselfish . . .

Well I've just received my LVG CVI and it is a thing of beauty. Even the packaging shouts "no expense spared". I spent an hour or so last night poring over the instruction booklet, I've resisited the temptation to open the sealed pack of decals - seems sensible to keep them sealed until I need them.

just had delivered a letter from the post office with regards that dreaded VAT bill.

with post office charges and VAT add a extra £26.00 to the kit. :shithappens:

it should be here tomorrow cant wait.

:thumbsup:

Weel thats done it i've bleedin cracked

i've built all sorts over the years for clients including ww1 but its not really my thing... until saw these babies !

i've ordered a Brisfit LVG and s.e.5 just cant stretch to the Junkers yet but will as soon as i clear some cash

these are amazing kits i'm going to build em and enjoy em i know customs will slam me but what the hell

:hobbyhorse:

Okay, I admit it. I have a problem. "Hi, I'm Jennings, and I have a model airplane problem." (you all say "Hi Jennings!" and give me hugs) I'm weak. Weak and vulnerable. I have no willpower. I've succumbed. I've been sucked in. Okay, it helps that I found out today that I'm getting an extra $1000 on an insurance settlement I wasn't expecting, but I'm still weak-willed.

Not only did I order a Biff, I ordered an equal dollar amount of Windsock Datafile titles on the Biff as well.

Somebody help me! :please:

J

Don't fight it brother Jennings, just go with the flow... I've managed to resist so far, simply because I'd already been developing an interest in bi-planes through the infectious zeal I was feeling from Rowan and Bob Von Buckles and am accruing a few kits in 1/48, so I'm not feeling the same euphoria everyone is simply because I mainly model in 1/48.

They do look fantastic though. don't they. If any I would go for the SE5a personally.

Okay, I admit it. I have a problem. "Hi, I'm Jennings, and I have a model airplane problem." (you all say "Hi Jennings!" and give me hugs) I'm weak. Weak and vulnerable. I have no willpower. I've succumbed. I've been sucked in. Okay, it helps that I found out today that I'm getting an extra $1000 on an insurance settlement I wasn't expecting, but I'm still weak-willed.

Not only did I order a Biff, I ordered an equal dollar amount of Windsock Datafile titles on the Biff as well.

Somebody help me! :please:

J

NO chance mate!!! We're all in the same boat :partytime::fool::banghead:

:coat:

Oh feck...

I've just succumbed too...

It's taken weeks of willpower - but I've finally succumbed...

I blame tonights bottle of wine...

If only money were no object - I'd have one of each - but the Brisfit will do for now - in 1920's silver :)

Roll on the Gotha - can't wait for that beastie!!!

Hmmm - I have an itchy trigger finger on the Junkers and LVG too - I'm doomed I tell ya :pilot:

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

Still resisting here!! Lovely kits surely but....................................maybe I will wait for something more interesting from them :)

Like WHAT!?!? Egads, if what they've announced doesn't get your juices flowing, I don't know what would!! :)

I too shall resist the Wingnut Collective....too many 1/48 and 1/72 WWI kits in the stash...however, perhaps the upcomming 1/48 kits will have a higher level of detail...not that I need any more kits........ :banghead:

Cheers,

ggc

I too shall resist the Wingnut Collective....too many 1/48 and 1/72 WWI kits in the stash...however, perhaps the upcomming 1/48 kits will have a higher level of detail...not that I need any more kits........ :banghead:

Cheers,

ggc

Ayup ALL...

Some of the English buyers of these kits on Hyperscale have been complaining of import duty/handling charge on these kits. has anyone had any issues with Royal Mail...?

hi Fea i spoke to Dave at wingnut last night when he told me my order shipped

he seemed dissapointed that british and european buyers had had so mouch trouble with customs VAT

so he said they now no longer ship "tracked mail" it takes longer but better chance of not being stung

we'll just have to wait and see my luck they'll string me up mate

At least you guys who get stuck with VAT and HM Customs fees don't have to worry about going bankrupt if you get sick and are stuck with $100,000 worth of medical bills. Taxes are a PITA to be sure, but even if you don't see it, you *are* getting something for your money...

:)

J

Still resisting here!! Lovely kits surely but....................................maybe I will wait for something more interesting from them :)

That's what I said.

Mine was put in the post two days ago.

SE5A. It doesn't seem to be a popular choice. It'll do for now, but I could be tempted by an Albatross.

Dave.

Ayup ALL...

Some of the English buyers of these kits on Hyperscale have been complaining of import duty/handling charge on these kits. has anyone had any issues with Royal Mail...?

Don't know about issues, but they did sting me for £13.50 handling charge. This was on top of £9.83 VAT (there's no duty). I could have gone through the process of just paying the VAT and arguing over the handling charge, but to be honest I just couldn't be bothered. Also I wanted to get my hot little hands on my new Brisfit, which had already been hanging around in customs for the best part of a week. I'm looking at ordering the Junkers and the LVG and if I order them together I'll only have to pay one handling fee. Just need to save my pennies now.

What are the decal sheets for my Wingnut 1/32 SE5a please? I would like some 56. squadron machine.

Thanks.

There are 5 aircraft catered for:

a. 84 Squadron

b. Training Unit

c. 24 Squadron

d. 6 Training Squadron

e. 40 Squadron.

Looks like you'll have to wait for some aftermarket sets for 56 Squadron.