Redboost's build no.1

Redboost

Ok gents, time to start my first contribution! :pilot:

I would like to build this kit in the Nationalists marking. The kit contains only the Republican options, so it is up to me to make own decals or paint masks.

At the beginning, here is the overview of the box content, the machine I intend to built and the draft of the masks done in Corel I 'll be cutting on a plotter.

01-7.jpg

02-7.jpg

camo.jpg

draft.jpg

Edited by Redboost

• 4 weeks later...

Finally, some building progress... I spent about half an hour scratchbuilding the new steering wheels, some control boxes, cabin floor (I'm not going to fit the seats so I don't want to have those stubs there) and drilling the instrument panel dials, but I doubt if anything would be visible once the canopy is on. I painted the interior in Red Brown according to preserved example, although the color could be also natural metal or Light Grey.

13.jpg

very nice work Libor

you have made me feel guilty about not scratching any details :blush:

decided not much will be seen but it's nice to know it is there! :lol:

i'm still thinking of making some representation for the bomb rack

having built the gunners station a vertical rack seems unlikely

• 2 weeks later...

Hi walrus!

Thanks, maybe I should add even more stuff in :)

I'll post further progress over the weekend. Recently I jammed at the wing to fuselage joint. This will need tons of filler, seems to have a busy weekend -_-

• 1 month later...

Oooh err ! that's a nasty seam alright . good progress though ! :clap2: a lovely clean design for it's day , the vultee .

not one of azur/mpm's better efforts , but i'd forgive 'em - as they do a lot the unusal stuff .

• 2 weeks later...

Likewise.....This looks the business, but you clearly had to work for it. :speak_cool:

Is it me, or are Azur/MPM/Special Hobby et al. a bit like Trumpeter in that they seem to have a distinct 'A-Team' and 'B-Team' amongst their kits (or perhaps their kits designers)? :shocked:

All the best

Andy S.