Jonners build no 2

Y una otra!!

The second model for the GB will be the old, but lovely, Pryo Bulldog, finished in Republican markings. These were ex-Latvian Mk IIas, and if I can make mine look as nice as this:

http://bp0.blogger.com/_w7vtsNmvKpA/R1aonw...00/P1010007.jpg

I'll be well happy!!

Here's the box and sprue shots to get the ball rolling...

bullbox.jpg

bullboxside.jpg

bullsprue.jpg

Jonners

• 1 month later...

Look forward to the Pics! :)

BTW - I really like your Mosca...

BTW - Where do you get your plastic fix now that Howes no longer do kits? Is there another model shop in Oxford?

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

Look forward to the Pics! :)

BTW - I really like your Mosca...

BTW - Where do you get your plastic fix now that Howes no longer do kits? Is there another model shop in Oxford?

Iain

yeah too true - well Boswells in town still have a 'half decent' model section ( revell and Airfix but they get new releases like Nimrods etc) - but even that's getting a bit thin. Apart from dragging the family to any local model shop when on holiday - its on line for me I'm afraid.

Not buying much this year anyway as part of my credit crunch money saving. Thank god for a well stocked stash!

Cheers for the comments Ian - I cant imagine how much space you need for larger models!!

Jonners

Ah - never realised Boswells did kits...

Must have a shuftie sometime.

Not much buying here either!

Iain

dont get your hopes up too much though. :), Theres also a place in the Covered market that has a small bit of IM models - he's mainly diecast stuff, but has some Academy, Airfix etc. I forgot he was there. oops

Jonners

• 2 months later...

Hi gang - i have to admit this build is a bit behind. The age of the plastic has meant several bits have cracked and split as I've worked with them. I'm sorry to report that with the deadline looming, this model may not be ready.

Please accept my apologies for this. I don't want to slam it together as its a lovely model and deserves a proper build.

GB Mods, can I flag this one as a limping home late!!! ?

With sincere apologies to everyone else on the group build.

Jonners

Humphf! sulk! :(

That is a pity Jonners, am disappointed cos i was looking forward to seeing the Bulldog

but understandable- will look forward to seeing the build as and when. As you say there is no point making a (bull)dog's dinner of a nice kit!

BTW if you need any plans have recently got hold of the Granger plans book :yahoo:

the other thing i was wondering about- for further discussion elsewhere- is that i suspect there are a few people like myself with more (Blimp supplied)

kits than they were able to build within the timeframe of the SCW GB.

Is there any reason why we could not have a gallery type thread in inter-war forum for SCW builds?

just a thought

I'm sure there's no need to apologise Jonners, you've already done one build anyway.

I was wondering actually if there was any merit in saying only one build per person for a GB anyway, as I feel people put themselves under unnecessary stress by committing to doing several builds, or you can do several if you're not in any other GB, dunno, something like that.

Looking forward to seeing the Bulldog built anyway Jonners, I've got the Lindberg one in the stash. :)

I was wondering actually if there was any merit in saying only one build per person for a GB anyway, as I feel people put themselves under unnecessary stress by committing to doing several builds, or you can do several if you're not in any other GB, dunno, something like that.

I would have thought it's down to the individual to decide what they want to do. It's not as if we're going to send the boys around to see them if they fail to deliver, so any pressure is self imposed. Even if we are hoping for builds to be ready for displays we wouldn't think less of anybody if they can't deliver on time, at the end of the day it's supposed to be a hobby and it's supposed to be fun.

Jonners, no sweat mate, finish in your own time and post up when you're ready. As far as I'm aware none of the GB forums have been locked up and you can still carry on with your build even if it's outside the GB schedule.

peebeep

Hi Doug

i know where you are coming from thanks to personal experience :frantic::banghead:

but as Peebeep said it ultimately down to what people want to try to do - GB's imho are about encouraging builds.

i know i will only nominate one build for GB's in the future due to my slow build times, but then can always submit another if there is, due to a miracle, time for another build ;)

Jonners, no sweat mate, finish in your own time and post up when you're ready. As far as I'm aware none of the GB forums have been locked up and you can still carry on with your build even if it's outside the GB schedule.

I didn't realise that the galleries were not locked, so that clears up the earlier query i made :)

Apologies if my comment came across as negative, the last thing I would advocate doing is stifling peoples creativity because as you so rightly say it's about building models and having fun. I know there's no threat of 'sending the boys round', I was just trying to offer a constructive way of reducing build pressure on people who enter multiple builds on GB's, whether self imposed or otherwise.

As you rightly say peebeep, people can obviously do what they want.

p.s. Sorry to hijack your thread Jonners. :)

Edited by Doug Rogers