Revell 1:48 F-105G Wild Weasel

* Kit manufacture: Revell (rebox Monogram)

* Scale: 1/48

* Type: F-105G Thunderchief (Wild Weasel)

* Paints and colours used: Tamiya and Citadel for metalics

* Full build is HERE

Built for the SEAC GB over on Promodeller.

A real nice build for an older kit, no problems encountered. If anyone wants to build one I would suggest investing in some after market undercarriage legs and she is very wobbly on the kit supplied ones.

Apologies for the naff photos, but she is too big for my 'lightbox' and I have no 'backing' the right size.

y0yvor.jpg

y0yvot.jpg

y0yvo6.jpg

Comments welcome as always.

Looks good to me, Mish. Sometimes an aeroplane just looks right, and to me the Thud is one of those. I built one when I was a kid, and was amazed at how much plastic you got for the money! It always wagged its tail for some time after it was placed on the shelf due to that wobbly undercart...

You've done a nice job there, I take it the new airbrush is paying dividends then?

I've got one of these in the stash waiting, and I nearly bought another one yesterday as they're on sale in Hobbycraft at £7.49. Must....resist...

Cheers,

Dean

nice one mish - very nice.

I am pretty fond of the Thud and was following your build earlier.

i know what you mean by the change in the hobby - I have just returned after something like 20 year break! :hypnotised:

Keep up the good work!

cheers

Rick

Excellent job on the "Thud". For those of us who fancy and very much adore the vintage 50-60's fighters its another aid to keep the admiration alive. Thanx Mish......you have made us ancient aviators very happy.

ADDED: You my dear have give me the bug to do a group of Century series aircraft...starting with a "Hellacious Hun"

Edited by Angels49

they're on sale in Hobbycraft at £7.49. Must....resist...

I couldn't.. :fraidnot:

Not a plane I'm hugely familiar with but learned a great deal about it while researching and specifically the wild weasel role my model performed. Huge man-vegetables (I can say that, can't I?) those crews had!

Great build, Mish. I hope mine comes out half as good!

Thanks one and all, I'm noe out of shelf space as she is such a biggun :)

Show off! :speak_cool:

Really Mish nice work - did the new setup help speed this one to the finish line??

All the best!

I'm afraid not 99% of the paintwork was done before the Evo arrived and was done with an old Badger 200G.

Nice job Mish, cracking paint workand a nice smooth finish!

Hmmmm, was looking at this kit in the LHS last week, shoulda bought it!

You should, it's worth the price of admission just for the decal sheet!