Some more 1/72nd scale Seafires

Hiya Folks,

As the first lot of Seafires went down OK here is a second batch..starting with;

A Seafire IIC built from the Revell Spit Vb kit with Pavla resin wings...I was really impressed with the wings and wish I`d bought a second set!

sea2-1.jpg

This is another Seafire II, built from the excellent High Planes kit.

sea3-1.jpg

sea3-3.jpg

And another High Planes Seafire II...this one is wearing the RAF style Ocean Grey and Dark Green upper surfaces with Sky undersides...which was applied to many Westland built Seafire Mk.II`s and III`s...instead of the Temperate Sea Scheme of Extra Dark Sea Grey and Dark Slate Grey.

sea4.jpg

Another High Planes Seafire...this is a Mk.III in East Indies Fleet markings.

sea5-1.jpg

And another High Planes Seafire Mk.III, but in British Pacific Fleet markings.

sea6.jpg

Onto Griffon engined versions...here is a Seafire 15 built from the CMR kit in Royal Canadian Navy markings

sea15-2.jpg

Next is another CMR kit, but of the most beautiful Spitfire/ Seafire of them all...the Seafire 17

sea17-4.jpg

Thats it for now, however I`m in the process of finishing off some later Griffon engined Seafires, the 45, 46 and 47...which will appear soon,

Hope you like them and all the best

Tony O

Another great series Tony,and in 72nd that makes it even more fantastic. However, I have just one little pet peeve if you will, and that is there are some aircraft on which the "sharkmouth" is a natural fit, the P-40 and the F-4E, all others are IMHO not a good fit. Not all Phantastic Phantoms which I love are a good match or the much vaunted "sharkmouth".

As with all collections of Spits/ Seafires, I can never choose a favourite, they're all great. Hmmm, think I have to agree with Cliff about the sharkmouth but hey, the original had it on so.......

Another great series Tony,and in 72nd that makes it even more fantastic. However, I have just one little pet peeve if you will, and that is there are some aircraft on which the "sharkmouth" is a natural fit, the P-40 and the F-4E, all others are IMHO not a good fit. Not all Phantastic Phantoms which I love are a good match or the much vaunted "sharkmouth".

Glad you liked them and I have to agree with you there myself about the shark mouth..but as it was apparently the only Seafire to wear one of these mouth it just had to be done! However those Aussie `Grey Shark' Spits in the Pacific really did suite their much larger large shark mouths..so they don`t look too bad on a Spit!

The new 2nd TAF Vol 4 book shows a Typhoon with a sharks mouth which is down right ugly in my view, even though it is probably unique!

Cheers

Tony O