1/32 Eurofighter out

smeds

Thanks Smeds - normally I'd have bitten their arm off but...

a. like most - money is tight and a hundred quid is a lot of sponds

and

b. I'm waiting for the Revell one which will be cheaper and probably the better of the two...

Am sure I'm not alone - and I'm not a Trumpeter basher - I've got a loft full of 'em! ;)

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

I concur, although highly unlikely as this scenario is; even if the Trumpeter was more accurate, I would still rather pay a little less for the Revell.

But what with Revells record with the 1/72 and 48th Tiffies I'm pretty sure its going to be awesome!

:yahoo:

I don't do the big stuff but for this one I'll make an exception.

Chris

Thanks Smeds - normally I'd have bitten their arm off but...

a. like most - money is tight and a hundred quid is a lot of sponds

and

b. I'm waiting for the Revell one which will be cheaper and probably the better of the two...

Am sure I'm not alone

Iain

My feelings exactly!

I needed to see it to believe it. £100 - jeez...

I know I keep saying this, but if you want a decent Typhoon in 1/32nd then avoid this one at all costs and wait for the Revell kit. This one is a very poor copy of the Italeri 1/48th kit and has some truly awful shape and accuracy issues. If the Revell 1/32nd scale Typhoon is anything like their 1/48th or 1/72nd scale Typhoons then it will be worth the wait.

Just noticed on the Hannants website that the retail pice of the Revell 1/32 Tiffie will be £49.99...half the price of the Trumpeter offering!

Think I will wait...........

Regards.

Graham

difficult decision isn't it? :wall:

It is when you've not seen either kit. :shrug: Based on those projected prices however, it's not difficult to predict which kit most people will buy... but have patience & time will tell which is the better kit.

We're a funny bunch, us modellers. Simply must have things the moment they come out, often to sit in our stashes for years, or when we do build them, we exercise immense patience in the building & painting.

Hi All,

The Trumpeter Typhoon will be arriving on Monday as the importer didn't ship them out in time. Retail price is £99.98 but I will be doing them for £83.98 (except to Mike who will have to pay more) :rofl:

Regards.

Hi All,

The Trumpeter Typhoon will be arriving on Monday as the importer didn't ship them out in time. Retail price is £99.98 but I will be doing them for £83.98 (except to Mike who will have to pay more) :rofl:

Regards.

:crying:

the Trumpeter Typhoon looks like a pretty decent kit to my eye , they have done some lovley kits

with a little patience they build well

i have a lot of trumpy kits, admitedly the ones which are the only game in town variety ,

but they are quite expensive i understand that , as long as cash flow allows i dont think it'll stop me getting a trumpy one ,

but i'll probably take a revell one too down the line as mike said which everoneis the best will do fer me :speak_cool:

Well, I won't be buying either, cos I have the original Revell offering. What I will be looking for will be replacement gear bays and jet nozzles, cos the original got them a bit wrong. Failing that, I will write to Revell for spare parts once the kit is issued. Seeing as I got it off fleabay for only £18.00, I reckon I will have the best for the least. :wicked:

Well, I won't be buying either, cos I have the original Revell offering. What I will be looking for will be replacement gear bays and jet nozzles, cos the original got them a bit wrong. Failing that, I will write to Revell for spare parts once the kit is issued. Seeing as I got it off fleabay for only £18.00, I reckon I will have the best for the least. :wicked:

SNAP!!!!

I have the original also. I picked it up at Modelkraft 08 for the pricely sum of £12.00 (I knocked him down from £15.00!) on my way out the door people where almost mugging me for a look, and making offers!! weeks later one sold on Ebay for £79.00.

The shape is spot on this one, and it makes a beautiful model, so I'll probably be doing the same, but I may just buy a trumpeter twin seater to go with it, when the price fails. as they are bound to do.

Dave

I find it a tad odd that in days of old the previous Revell 1/32 Eurofighter was poo poo'd as only looking like the real thing from a distance of 2 miles or more. (same as their Gripen)

Now people are coming forward saying its very "accurate" and they only need to fettle it to be comparable to the latest release/s.

I would certainly be ~very~ interested to see someone compare the old & new Revell EFA's sprue by sprue & panel line by panel line..... :whistle:

I find it a tad odd that in days of old the previous Revell 1/32 Eurofighter was poo poo'd as only looking like the real thing from a distance of 2 miles or more. (same as their Gripen)

Now people are coming forward saying its very "accurate" and they only need to fettle it to be comparable to the latest release/s.

I would certainly be ~very~ interested to see someone compare the old & new Revell EFA's sprue by sprue & panel line by panel line..... :whistle:

That's what I'd heard too, so I too am somewhat sceptical... :shrug:

I'd love to believe this kit will get a fair hearing. Even if the Revell one turns out to be a solid lump of plastic c/w whittling knife there will still be the usual views that the Trumpy one is a turd on a stick by comparison.

I really do hope i will be wrong about this. Usually the best result a Trumpy kit can hope for these days is total silence (like the recent F-8E).

Still, the sprues and test shots never lie, so anyone who spends their £100 will surely be roundly dismissed as a slap-together modelling amateur with more money than sense*

Al

*Yes i am

I think thats probably true Al ,

its a shame there seems to be a hardcore of anti trumpy modellers out there ,

trumpy have given us some excellent subjects

i'm still working through the A-7e its taken a good 4 months so far but most enjoyable

not to mention the F-8 kits

trumpeter of recent releases arnt as bad as some make out ,

hell even thier old migs are nice , thier basically accurate and can be run with if desired

jim