Condor 1/48th Heinkel He 178 V1

Here is a little model I picked up in Germany a few years ago (I try and get model with a conection to the country I am in when I travel). This one was built for the Flight Test GB on ARC.

1 sprue, plus some PE and the canopy. The cokpit interior seems over sized, but the PE has added a nice level of detail. Colours is an intersting question. Various shades of green have been used in other peoples builds, and the instructions give RLM02, but the box art is BMF! I prefered the BMF idea, but after looking at the videos on YouTube, decided I needed a dark shade so went with Alcald 'Dark Aluminium' and 'Chrome' for contrast. The Dark is possibly too dark, but it looks good stood next to the Whittle I built last year.

As ever, any and all comments welcome.

cheers

Grant

pic_6.jpg

pic_7.jpg

pic_8.jpg

pic_9.jpg

pic_10.jpg

Ta Gents. The metal foil on my Whittle is definitely a better BMF, but it appears to a gone a bit wrinkly over the last 3 months. I'll stick to practicing with Alclad, me thinks.

cheers

Grant

Nice job Grant - I've got one of these from Special Nobby, and the cockpit looks a little "challenging" from the quick look I had. You've got a nice finish on it :thumbsup:

Tizzy/Mish - "not run of the mill" seems to be a good summary of my builds since returning to the hobby. It certainly helps with practicing lots of different techniques.

Mike - I think the perceived finish is more down to the photography. Long way to go to match Jens Alclad finishes, but happy to practice!

cheers

Grant