1/72nd CMR Merlin engined Seafires x 4

Hiya Folks,

Here are some 1/72nd scale CMR Seafires;

Seafire Mk.Ib-PA103, ACB, 736 NAS, Yeovilton 1942, part of the Naval Fighter School

seafire2-2.jpg

Seafire Mk.IIc, MB182, 06F, 885 NAS, HMS Formidable

This Seafire has just had its British roundels restored after wearing US Stars for Op Torch, but note that the matelot who painted the B Type roundel back onto the upper right wing has painted it smaller than the one who correctly painted the other wing.......thus leaving a ring where the original roundel had been painted out for Op Torch and replaced by a smaller star!

seafire1-2.jpg

seafire1-3.jpg

Seafire Mk.IIc, MB156, 06G, 885 NAS, HMS Formidable, Op Torch Nov. 1942

seafire4-1.jpg

seafire4-2.jpg

Seafire Mk.IIc, LR792, K, 834 NAS, HMS Battler, East Indies June 1944

seafire3-1.jpg

seafire3-3.jpg

Hope you like them and thanks for looking,

All the best

Tony O

Outstanding builds, Supermarines' *-fire aircraft just have that rakish " I want to shoot something down" look. Very nice, now throw in a Hurri, Typhoon and Mossie and let's go huntin'.

Lovely work! I particularly like the markings on the 4th spit. :coolio:

What colour did you use on the exhausts? I'm building a Mk1 right now and my exhausts look too clean

Glad you like them,

I usually use Humbrol 70 Brick Red for my exhausts.

All the best

Tony O

Fantastic Seafires Tony, nice to see different schemes to. Where did you get your references from?

Dave

Hiya Dave,

Glad you like the Seafires.......my main references were all photographic and came from various books on the Fleet Air Arm which are all generally available...sorry I cannot be more specific than that but the photos are spread through quite a few books. The Ray Sturtivant books are very good, especially the Air Britain Sqns of the FAA- editions 1 and 2, as is the Sqn Sig Fleet Air Arm book and the Ian Allen Fleet Air Arm at War , amongst others.

Hope that helps...if you have a certain Seafire in mind PM me and I`ll try and track a photo down...it may take time though as I`ve just put all of my reference books away after finishing the models and I`d have to get them out again (some are hard to get to!) and track down the photo.

Cheers

Tony O

Great collection, love them all!

remember reading somewhere (in one of my books) that due to the narrow track, there were more Seafires lost in deck landing than there were to enemy action