FW190A-7

I built this pretty much OOB just as a practice run. Added aerials and scratched straps. I wanted to try another Luftwaffe mottled camo scheme and to see if the RLM 74/75/76 Humbrol equivalents looked ok. I'll be starting a 1/48 Hasegawa 190A-6 soon.

Not a great kit, decals are totally wrong and check out the 6" thick bulletproof canopy!

finished3.jpg

finished4.jpg

finished5.jpg

finished6.jpg

finished7.jpg

It looks ok on the shelf beside my 109. :whistle:

Thanks for looking :)

Edited by Muller

I remeber this kit from years ago. It was a pile of :shit: then and still is. Apart from the Xfers, the kit is dimensionaly way out. Even the old Monogram FW190 is far better than this. I saved mine for spares, the MK101s in particular.

As a test kit for an airbrush, it's fine, but for a serious build, go Eduard, Tamiya, Monogram, Dragon in that order.

W

Looks pretty good to me - but I don't know much about the :fuhrer: Devil's Airforce.... :whistle:

I'd say it's a pretty good effort :speak_cool:

Thanks folks :)

Wolfpack, you're right about the dimensions being all wrong, it's smaller than my last build, a 1/48 109K!

I compared the wingspan to the Hasegawa 190, it's about an inch short!

The base has a new home in Teeside now, gave it to another modeller!

Thanks again for the nice comments people!

Nicely done Muller!

Like the finish, love the base - how did you do it?

Is it me or is that swastika just huge!?! :D

cheers

Rick

Cheers Rick, that swastika is 1/32 I reckon!

Re the base, it was made using a cut out from a wooden shelf, 200mmx200mm.

After a few coats of varnish to stop the wood warping, I glued the wooden boards onto the base, the wooden boards are cut up coffee/tea stirrers swiped from my local service station. I stained them with some woodstain I found in the shed. I gave them a few coats, in between coats, i scrubbed them with a stiff wire brush to rough them up a bit. Added oil stains with white spirit and oil paints.

Then around the boards I gave the base a covering of plaster (polyfilla), when that was dry it was painted with an earth colour, then white glue applied with a brush, some patches left with no glue. Sprinkled with static grass I got in the LHS. Then airbrushed some yellow in patches and general weathering around the boards.

Not too difficult to do, give it a try! :)