1:32 Revell / Matchbox Sea Venom FAW22

bexwh773

Well heres my 3rd effort for the GB, started whilst waiting for some replacement decals for my Phantom. I started this one with high hopes but, since when do things go easy for our Ickle Bexy :crying: We'll see how well things go if this one ends up in the Gallery :shrug:

Bex

DSCF3005.jpg

DSCF3006.jpg

DSCF3007.jpg

DSCF3008.jpg

DSCF3009.jpg

DSCF3010.jpg

DSCF3011.jpg

DSCF3012.jpg

DSCF3013.jpg

Thanks for the offer Mark, you could always <cough> chuck a copy of it onto CD and bang it in the post for me instead<cough> :wicked:

Seriously though, luckily for me the kit came with some so far, dare I say it, decals. They went in the cockpit with no trouble what so ever :hypnotised: which knowing my recent luck with decals was a hell of a surprise :yikes:

Bex

Bex

watch out when you put it all together, lining the booms and body is the most tricky part.

Also ensure you have LOTS (and I mean lots) of wieght up front, the kit is a tail sitter! I filled my ones nose with lead, and two white metal seats.

heres a link to my picture site, and my build so far.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/18190482

Dave

Edited by zero

Right let's try this again! My last post disapeared into the ether with an IPS error Grrrrr.....

Looking good Sis, I'm looking forward to building mine at some point so I'm taking notes, plenty of updates please :popcorn:

Lovely engine, how much of it will be visible when she is finished?

I'll be taking notes on this one, as in a moment of madness while building the Hobbeycraft Sea Fury I went all FAA and bought one of those !

Cheers

Den

Hey Bexy, you should enjoy this build. I'm building an original Matchbox edition over at LSP, and have found the kit to be very basic, but it looks pretty good shape-wise. The decals in the Revell re-issue seem much better (at least they include something for the IP!) than the original Matchbox ones. It's a shame there's no aftermarket stuff for this kit though, as it really needs it.

Kev

Thanks for the comments Gang :wub:

Dave, funny you should mention the booms, I had no probs with them at all :shrug: (photos in a bit) Great work on yours though :thumbsup2:

For weight, I think Im upto about 40 pence in 1p coins at the moment, but this will be tested before she gets all sealed up.

Mish, once the engines in, if you seal the hathes you wont see anything apart from a small part of the jet pipe.

Kev, I wish Id known about your thread and that website done by that Dutch Chappy :yikes: :gobmacked: I might have tried to liven things up a wee bit. For those that havent seen the linky Im on about see HERE

Also I have to agree with you, its a real pig that theres no AM goodies available, as its really basic in the office :yikes:

Bex

Hey Bexy

how about cutting a slot in the top. then as an incentive to save, the more you put in the less she sits on her arras!

would make a super cool piggy bank :lol:

:rofl::rofl: My Sea Hawk also has a few pennies in it too :yahoo:

Bexy

A small update then, wings on, booms & elevators on and slapped some paint on the underside. Hey painting white plastic with matt white paint is a laugh a minute :hypnotised:

It seems to be going well, but, some of the fit is rather dubious, watch out for steps if you do wings down, as the outer sections dont quit fit right :shrug:

Bexy

DSCF3015.jpg

DSCF3016.jpg

DSCF3017.jpg

Looking good Sis I like it

Thanks Sis, you know what, Im actually enjoying this funny looking thing :yikes:

Bexy

P.S: No one tell Phreak I said this ok :pray:

Great build so far Bex. I picked up one from Modelzone also - seemed stoopid not to at that price. Your pictures are very inspirational so I may crack mine open at the weekend and make a start. Mind you, the Spanish Civil War GB starts soon as well don't it - I'm so excited about that I just can't wait... :elephant:

Beany von ReallySadOldGit

This is looking like a: "Well were do you think you're gonna put that!"

Lookin good sis, she's a beastie

Chris

Thanks Chris, Ive had a look at the shelf, and my last two options for the ceiling are my Martlet and Whiffer Vigilante, then I'll have room for a bloody heavy Venom :doh:

Great build so far Bex. I picked up one from Modelzone also - seemed stoopid not to at that price. Your pictures are very inspirational so I may crack mine open at the weekend and make a start. Mind you, the Spanish Civil War GB starts soon as well don't it - I'm so excited about that I just can't wait... :elephant:

Beany von ReallySadOldGit

Thats why I grabbed it, as I cant normally afford the retail price for a 32nd scale jet :violin: Just get cracking on it, you know you want to :hypnotised:

Here we are now, with the nose fitted, and Ive undercoated the underside and booms, topside next.

Bex

DSCF3022.jpg

Nice work so far Bex.

I`ve wanted one of these since I saw an unpainted, but assembled Matchbox kit in my mates house when we were about 13.

A lot of modellers(me included) on here would fanny about finding reasons not to build this kit due to the lack of aftermarket improvements ,I am not very skillful at scratchbuilding bits,and I am finding your WIP very interesting.

Hope everything goes as well for the next phase,once you get those tip tanks on,she`ll be sorted.

Enjoying your fearless approach to difficult kits. :clap2:

Nice work so far Bex.

I`ve wanted one of these since I saw an unpainted, but assembled Matchbox kit in my mates house when we were about 13.

A lot of modellers(me included) on here would fanny about finding reasons not to build this kit due to the lack of aftermarket improvements ,I am not very skillful at scratchbuilding bits,and I am finding your WIP very interesting.

Hope everything goes as well for the next phase,once you get those tip tanks on,she`ll be sorted.

Enjoying your fearless approach to difficult kits. :clap2:

Thanks my friend :thumbsup2: Shes definately a tough nut to crack, but, Ive got out of the AM game now (just got rid of another FGR2 resin set) and I plan to concentrate on scratch building things in future. The bang seats need help, but I havent made my mind up yet if Im going with the pilots, if I dont, then I'll add harnesses, they definately need ejection handles / loops above the head rests, and I might try a few other bits if I can find the right photos.

Bex

You cheeky so and so I got ya this one sis :tease:

Ah didnt realise yu paid for it Sis :doh: I thought Lou did :blush:

Bex

Thanks for the comments Gang :wub:

Dave, funny you should mention the booms, I had no probs with them at all :shrug: (photos in a bit) Great work on yours though :thumbsup2:

It can be a little tricky, but glad you got it all sorted, it looks very good, and your engine seems not to have fallen apart like mind did. Glad you nailed it

For weight, I think Im upto about 40 pence in 1p coins at the moment, but this will be tested before she gets all sealed up.

Mish, once the engines in, if you seal the hathes you wont see anything apart from a small part of the jet pipe.

Bex

Have a rumage through some skips and check with builders working. try and get some off cuts of roofing lead. (there worth nothing in small amounts) then cut it up in to tiny pieces to fit the nose, and fill it with small bit of lead.

As lead rots it turns to dust, and you see many old models with white powder in them where lead has been used as a wieght, so here is the clever part. cover the lead in White PVA glue, one it holds the lead in place and two it stop the air getting to the lead, stopping the dust.

Here is a picture of mine drying

295481067.jpg

Dave

Looking great Bex!

You know, I'm not really into these bunsen powered thingies but, the other week in modelzone, i was almost tempted (especially with the price)

RESIST IT PEZ, RESIST IT !!!!!!!!!!!

I have had one of these in the stash since 1983. Looking at all these builds it might have to come out to play - once the SCW GB has been done... :innocent:

I shall be watching this with much interest! :popcorn:

Christian the Married

Hi Bex

AFAIK the bang seat is a

M-B Mk4

the comment about roof lead has just made be pop out and get some from the church

NO - i haven't been tealeafing it from the roof :ninja:

the rotters that did left a scrap behind and i noticed it the other day! wonder if the lichen will help add some weight :lol:

i was wondering if the rear fuselage could be assembled without the engine installed and whether that might help reduce some weight aft of the mainwheels? or is it so close that it won't make a lot of difference?

is lookin' real coool Bex :thumbsup: