1:48 Airfix Hurricane Mk1

Airfix 1:48 Hurricane Mk1

Not the best build I've ever done but I really did throw this one together so I could test the new airbrush. Took 24 hours but only about ten hours actual construction and painting time.

Some of the good old Airfix decals have silvered quite badly, despite having having loads of coats of Microsol.

yw0ico.jpg

yw0icq.jpg

Build thread HERE

Blimey Mish, that's come out great, and in just 10 hours D'OH!!! I've just ordered this kit from Hannants as we speak. It's going to be built for a friend of mine, and I really wish I could get one done in 10 hours. I'm usually still cutting bits off the sprue at that point :dunce:

Nice work, hope you're happy with your new airbrush

Andy :)

Blimey Mish, that's come out great, and in just 10 hours D'OH!!! I've just ordered this kit from Hannants as we speak. It's going to be built for a friend of mine, and I really wish I could get one done in 10 hours. I'm usually still cutting bits off the sprue at that point :dunce:

Nice work, hope you're happy with your new airbrush

Andy :)

Andy,

I echo Mish's experience with the decals - they're a pile of :shit: - they're badly registered, have visible grey scaling on the codes and silver, never mind how much MicroSol you slap on them. get yourself some aftermarket decals....

Mish - nice job considering the timescale!!! :coolio:

Edited by timbo33

make me very angry Mish

how is it you can make in so short a time and so well ?!? :sulk:

:ditto: No :wub: for you m'lady until Mar 25, 2009 :P:D Speed builder AAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Edited by Angels49