Trumpeter MiG 3

Thought you might like to see the efforts of a budding young recruit to the cause. This is Matt's Trumpy MiG 3 (Early) in 48th - his 1st attempt in this scale. The only direct help he got from me was the spray of matt varnish to finish it off. Wasn't going to let him loose with the airbrush just yet!! I think 12 is a bit too young for an Iwata, (at least mine anyway!)

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

C+C welcome as ever!

cheers

Rick

If that was the standard of mine as a 12 y/o then i would be chuffed to bits with it!

Tell him it looks spot on!

Adam

Thanks guy for the positive comments - Matt's well pleased!

As for a stash Ollie, well he already has a small one - teaching him well methinks! :evil_laugh:

and yes, Martin, I am proud!

I think he will continue - he loved the weekend up at the Nats sitting there building behind the club table!

Thanks again all

cheers

Rick

A lot better than I was making at that age, well done Matt :goodjob:

Wow Matt-what a superb job. It puts my meagre offerings to shame.

I have an old but recently refurbed Badger airbrush which I would be very happy to give to your son so that he can be introduced to airbrushing without putting yours at risk.

Send me a PM with your address on it if you wish to.

You should be very proud of him.

Looking forward to more of the same.

Kind regards,

Rob

Nice, I like that one! It's neat isn't it? When I was 12 my models suffered from my almost complete inability to clean up seam lines - this one doesn't look to me like it has any problems with seam lines or big splosges of glue, etc.. The paint work is pretty nice too, he's got a nicely even finish on it. The actual build quality is excellent - passable work for any age really, but for a 12 year old that's excellent. He's even got paint chips on the wings... :shocked: Just think what he'll be churning out in a few years... I reckon the lad has natural talent, do congratulate him for me Spad! :D

Nice one spad,my sons getting in to modeling,he,s just built a gloster gladiator,now he,s on a 1/48 f-14 which my old man got for him.He,s only 11 so by this time next year i hope he,s as good as your lad.well done young man :speak_cool: