blimps scw build .

blimp

and i'll mostly be doing a ju 52 , and even a he 111 if i can squeeze it in . :eat: all in glorious 1/72 . - blimp .

Edited by blimp

That poor Heinkel deserves to be built lovingly - it's obviously waited patiently in the loft whilst al the pretty kits have been built. It's box has become a bit dog-eared, it's decals are probably yellow, but at last it's knight in shining armour has come to waken it from it's 20 year sleep....(probably mixing my fairy tales a bit here...) :angel:

Looking forward to these Blimp..:coolio:

Edited by timbo33

:P it's not a problem , i won't be using the kit markings . ( i keep them tucked away in a seperate folder indoors ) i havn't decided on the '52's scheme yet but the Heinkel will be something different ! . . . . . watch this space ;)

- i couldn't resist a quick peep in the boxes today . sometime in the distant past i put some aeroclub P&W hornet engines aside , (many scw aircraft used them or licensed copies ) lo , and behold ! there are three in the junkers box already . a good omen . heartened , i proceded to disinter the poor heinkel . . . whats this ? some resin wheels , two sets (?) and a pair of eduard bomb racks . . . then i noticed something amiss , just a minor detail you understand , the destructions were missing . oh no , oh deary me , - that can only mean one thing another safari into the , er , ' SHED ' :fraidnot: . . . cover me , i may be some time , i'm going in !

Edited by blimp

- this could be bad , i had a 'clear up' (. . . or else !) and i am only just finding my gubbins again . my filing system is a bit upset . it could be anywhere ! :redx: - i do remember a build that was posted on another site which'll help . i have some decent refs /plans , and it's a good excuse to ferret about a bit .

Edited by blimp

- this could be bad , i had a 'clear up' (. . . or else !) and i am only just finding my gubbins again . my filing system is a bit upset . it could be anywhere ! :redx: - i do remember a build that was posted on another site which'll help . i have some decent refs /plans , and it's a good excuse to ferret about a bit .

IPMS has an instruction bank - might be worth conatcting them?

:yahoo: a big thank you to libor ! :worthy::clap2::thumbsup: - the heinkel is now back in the build ! i have no excuses now . i'm off work today , so it's ashopping i'll go , time to stock up on RLM no's !

Okely dokely then , on with the build - a look at the ju 52 .

nice but not enough ribbing on the lower fuselage , so i'll have to think of something to fix that . no interior either , save a basic cockpit . but that can be fixed . the windows were painted over on the bombers anyway :evil_laugh:

i have the replacement aeroclub engines , they are almost a pop in fit ! maybe just some packing out at the firewall , add induction pipes , new exhaust , ignition wires . . . sorted , then ,there is the dustbin <_< .

[/left] i've searched high and low for infomation , but there isn't much to be found yet , except -
ju52_0-1.jpg

JU-52-28.jpg

and a sketch from a post war article on the '52 .

ju52dustbin.jpg

plans are a bit of a gamble , as are ' profiles' , time to get the ol protractors out and see if i can make some . . . . absolutely nothing on it's equipment fit however , so a bit of heavy ' shading ' will go on here ! :devil:

- it's tomorrow now , time for my beauty sleep . yeah , yeah , i know i NEED IT ! . :P post some piccies later .

here it is , the italeri junkers 52 , lufthansa version .

001.jpg

[/left]

002.jpg

a typical italeri offering , crisp mouldings with minimal flash . it's the older lufwaffe version with new civil decals with passenger seating or benches . the upper gunners position needs opening up , it's already marked inside the roof so that is easy , it also has optional glazing and cargo doors , if wanted . hopefully it will turn into one of these :thumbsup2:

FRR017A.jpg

a great little kit , right , where did i put my big hammer ? :devil:
Edited by blimp

update - as i've been run off my feet the last couple of weeks i didn't get started until sunday . the '52 would be a decent kit oob but being me i couldn't leave it be :P oh no . the interior is too bare , it bugs me . - so out with the wine bottle top foil and a dead biro . i used the outside corrugations to make ' negatives ' and superglued them to the inside faces of the fuselage . next i spent the afternoon drilling squillions of tiny holes in some brass strip to make the main bulkhead frames . ( oh , my eyes ! ) - i tried to get some photo's but my cheepo camera isn't up to the task , some cadging required before i go too far :devil: maybe i won't paint those windows after all . . . . but i might take a breather , and play with the cockpit for a bit . :wacko:

Edited by blimp

good/bad news ! :) my dear friend and builder of grey things has kindly 'offered' to take some piccies with his super dooper camera . ( lick , lick , yipee .) sadly he's got an upset tummy , so no photo's yet . ( rats ) - good thing really , gives me time to do some more . . . . . . . . DRILLING ! :wacko:

yeah , i'm in the same boat mate . i can get away with it in 1/72 as so little can be seen . everywhere i've looked just returns the same old stuff .

hello everybody , getting quiet around these parts . everyones busy on their masterpieces . eh ? .

right then , i'd better get something done before you lot finish !

[/left]

. . . :lol: - having driven myself insane with drilling the fuselage formers , i took a moments respite and relaxed with a bit of corrugating . . .

oh dear , not as easy as i thought . large sections are a no no , the thin foil warps , so smaller sections were spliced at the former posistions where they will be hidden .

the various uprights and longerons were done with SQUARE sprue , from the old revell hp victor , gently heated and pulled , it kept it's square section ! miracles will never cease . :analintruder:

i am much chuffed .

now comes the 'ship in a bottle' bit .getting all of the pieces in , without overdoing the glue and keeping it all 'true' .

when i have enough to show you something , i'll let my mate out of his box and he can take those piccies .

be lucky . - blimp .

:whip: