The Second of 2009!

"Wow, that was quick" I hear you cry! Well, Mark's got his Mojo back baby and they're coming thick and fast now!!

This is the Revell re-box of Hasegawa's Falcon 10. Not a bad kit at all, I used this to practice spraying white fuselages as I've been a bit put off by all the violence in the world to build anything with guns on at the moment. No, I'm not getting all 'pacifist' on you all, just felt more comfortable doing civil stuff for a while.

Anyway, here she is, straight from the box... (well, almost, I couldn't resist doing a bit extra on the interior!)

DSC_0013-1.jpg

DSC_0101-1.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

The eagle-eyed amongst you will notice the lack of undercarriage doors on the main gear. No excuses, I forgot. But they're on now. The other thing that is 'missing' is that the lip of the engine nacelles should be polished metal. I have great difficulty in thinking of a way to get bare-metal foil to go round compound curves and as for painting, anyone got any ideas for masking round them?

You might also see the difference between the first photo and the other two. After the first round of pics, I decided I could go on no longer with my CCD as filthy as it was on my camera (Nikon D200) so I got it cleaned. Best 35 quid spent ever! :yahoo:

Edited by busdriver

Flippin eck Mark you have got back in the groove :yahoo: Youve even got Sammy drooling over this little beauty :worthy:

Bex & The :devil: Child

Edited by bexwh773

Liking this one to Mark, nice clean finish.

Regarding the intake lip's, I read in a copy of FSM a while ago that someone suggested putting a splash of your chosen intake lip colour into a bottle top (or similar dish) to the depth you want the intake lip to be, then simply dip the pre-painted engine squarely into the paint to get a nice even intake ring! Inside and out, and consistently for both engines.

Must confess to not having tried it yet, but the theory sounds good. I guess you could try dipping a scrap of plastic/card in to check the "depth" prior to plunging you're beautifully pre-painted nacelle into the container.

Rgds

Eng

Another lovely clean build Mark.

Regarding the intake lip's, I read in a copy of FSM a while ago that someone suggested putting a splash of your chosen intake lip colour into a bottle top (or similar dish) to the depth you want the intake lip to be, then simply dip the pre-painted engine squarely into the paint to get a nice even intake ring! Inside and out, and consistently for both engines.

Must confess to not having tried it yet, but the theory sounds good.

He speaks the truth bud, it's the exact technique i used for the nacelles on my B-58. I recommend using a buffable metaliser so you can get the shiny finish to match the de-icing panels.

Oh, and by the way, you forgot the gear doors on the.... never mind! :clown::fool:

May have been better to have painted the silver first then masked with a slit down thin strip of Tamiya tape or the like and maskol, then painted the white after, it seems easier to mask that way round for some reason IMHO :analintruder: !! OH, Nice work by the way !!

Edited by Gundylunch

In a kind of humourous and teasing answer to your 747 posts comments (short landing or out of line landing marks !) about your Falcon cockpit :

Think about how thick your pilot's soles should be so he reaches the rudder pedals !

I didn't visit this forum much before today, but believe me I will from now on. Mark that is one sweeeeet build even if it doesn't carry bombs, missiles, bullets, or go like a bloody bat out of Hades, can turn on a dime and give ya 9 cents change. Great job ol man I may have to look into doing some Civie stuff such as GA birds Pipers, Cessna's and such...