MPC 1/48 Sea Harrier FRS.1

Davec_24

Thanks guys. I think overall, the Airfix SHAR.1 isn't all that bad a kit, providing you go to work on it knowing that it needs some detailing and stuff and are willing to put in the necessary time and effort. It fits together fairly well, only a minimal amount of filler being required. As I mentioned, I am pleased with the overall result - though some things could be better, such as there being the odd bit of dust/fluff in the klear/varnish coat and the likes. Well I'll know to be extra-careful for next time I suppose. I am quite pleased with how the undercarriage and airbrake bays and legs came out, despite me having made the nose gear bay in mirror image of what it should be. :doh:

I have another one of these in the stash, though it is the later Airfix boxing with the revised flap and aileron proportions (though it has to be said, I actually think the proportions are still incorrect) and a much improved transfer sheet compared to the MPC boxing, though I will be using more transfers from the Xtradecal sheet I have, so this is less relevant than it would otherwise be. I will still be using the odd stencil and the likes from the kit decals though. I have enjoyed this build enough to make me go and buy a second SHAR, so it can't have been that bad an experience. ;) This next one will be in an actual "conflict scheme" as opposed to a pre tone-down scheme like the one I just finished - I am undecided as yet this will be in overall EDSG or the MSG/BG 809 squadron scheme.

Thanks for watching, and thanks for the advice and support along the way. This is another build that wouldn't have been half as good without the input of the BM Crew! :)

Could have sworn I commented on this build :hmmm:

She's a beauty Dave, the extra effort you have put in has really added that little extra to the build, so a big pat on the back for that ;)

Certainly look forward to seeing your next Shar, the world needs more of them :wub: