Revell 1/72 Mirage IIIE/R

John

Haven't seen it mentioned but it looks like this kit has recently been re-released, I saw one in Jamiesons in Glasgow today.

I always rather liked this kit, being one of Revell's first attempts at a "modern" 1/72 models with a reasonable amount of detail for its time. I think I mentioned elsewhere on the forum that I uses one of these with Greek roundels from a Heller Noratlas to approximate an Argentinian aircraft around the time of the Falklands War. That was when the kit came in a box with a photo of the 1/32 version on the lid!

John

Off the top of my head I'd say 1976?

I would say mid-seventies as well. I have a recollection of a review in Scale Models. We had one of the originals at the squadron hut, but unfortunately it was butchered by one of the cadets. I will have a look to see if there are any decals or instructions still knocking about.

Is it not still the case that there is room for a definitive Mirage III in God's own scale?

peebeep

It's certainly a gap. The Revell kit, very good though it was, is a tad long in the tooth and a bit over-engineered with the separate engine. I quite like the Heller III/V, which is a bit newer but still the wrong side of 25 years old. I don't think the PM kit counts!

John