Painting the Rafale B and a demo BAE Hawk

WolvoWill

Managed to pick up a copy of Revells superb 1/48 Rafale at the weekend (sneakily hidden away under a vast pile of other less rare kits in one of Aberystwyth's model shops!). I'm about to paint an order for some paints with a certain Bill Clark, but as usual Revells painting instructions are as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Does anyone know the correct shades for the single colour used on operational French Rafale Bs? Such as this one...

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1125799/L/

Secondly, colours for this BAE Hawk demonstrator? I've always found this scheme appealing, and the loadout makes the Hawk more aggressive too. Online photos are few and far between for this scheme but this aircraft has been around a long time so I'm hoping someone will be familiar with it, and be able to guide me in the right direction :)

hawk100-1.jpg

Cheers

Edited by WolvoWill

You're in luck, I have the original drawings for that scheme here, colours are:

BS381C 450 Dark Earth

BS381C 361 Light Stone

BS4800-18B21 Camouflage Grey (now BS381C 626)

The latter is for the tip of the RWR on the fin. Roundel sizes are 300mm (12 inch approx) in all six positions, fin flashes are also 300mm high.

Give me a few hours and I'll put together some colour 4 views for you.

Edited by Jonathan Mock

Many thanks Jonathan :) thats a great help - wasn't sure from photos if the camo was wraparound or if it had a light aircraft grey underside (the best photo I have of this scheme is in a book, and it shows the Hawk with 4 Sidewinders and 2 fuel tanks, and the pylons/tanks/missile rails in all cases is a very pale grey, which got me wondering slightly...)