• Announcements

• Mike

DDoS and Brute Force Attacks   09/18/2016

Since the 15th Sept until until yesterday afternoon (19th), we have been under a concerted attack by a person or persons using a number of 'bots and other people's Proxy networks to carry out what is called a Distributed Denial of Service attack, which is a method by which these 'bots submit thousands of requests to the website per second to overload the server and bring the site to its knees.  While this was going on, they were also making Brute Force attacks on our remote communications port to try and breach the server so they could do anything from format the hard drives to change ownership of the site, and bombarding the mailserver with similar bogus requests, some of which left some rather telling details behind.   We fought this with the tools available to us, and have gathering a substantial amount of evidence against the attackers, who persisted with their attack for almost 5 days regardless of the consequences to themselves.  This was a terrible mistake on their part.  On the advice of our Lawyer and fellow member JohnT, we yesterday informed the National Crime Agency and requested their assistance with the matter, and in an ongoing dialogue with them to find the culprits, so we are allowing them access to the server and its logs.  Hackers are seldom able to completely mask their real identity and location, and we have some very competent people working on it on our behalf, which is already reaping the rewards.   We don't believe that this is a random attack on balance, but for 5 days we had to put up with some disturbance and interruption to the usually fast response of the website as we are seeing now that the attack has ended.  We will prevail, and don't worry about it.  We were the target, and these people will not win.  Karma will catch up with them   Mike, Greg, Dave & Julien.
AnonymousDFB1

Revell 1:48 B-26 B/G Maurauder

63 posts in this topic

Right this is my next entry.

ywq45y.jpg

I'll be doing her as a B-26C S/N 41-3496 'Yankee Guerrilla' of the 386th BG using AeroMaster Marauders Pt IV decals.

I have one problem to start with. I got the kit second hand and one half of the nose wheel is missing. so I can either build her gear up, try and find a nose wheel for try making one out of milliput.

I've got one of these tucked away Mish, havent even opened the box so it'll be interesting watching you build yours

:popcorn:

Mish,

If you have half the wheel - why not make a plasticine mold and cast in polyester resin (car fiberglass kit)?

Iain

I have this kit too, and I would have thought about it for this GB, but dismissed it for being ambitious. Go for it, Mish!

Hmm it might turn out to be too ambitious for me :)

Too ambitious Mish? My, have you forgotten your Eduard Bf110? This one would be a doddle :D

Too ambitious Mish? My, have you forgotten your Eduard Bf110? This one would be a doddle :D

Yes my only other twin engined build..... and how could I forget that build it fought me all the way.

Hi Mish, have a root through the spares box for one, measure the one you have and advertise for one from someone elses spares box, or as you say build up the half you have with Milliput, will be interested to see you build this one as I have two in the stash, one Monogram and one AMT/ERTL. But alas no spare nose wheels.

Cheers

Den

I'll be doing her as a B-26C S/N 41-3496 'Yankee Guerrilla' of the 386th BG using AeroMaster Marauders Pt IV decals.

I have one problem to start with. I got the kit second hand and one half of the nose wheel is missing. so I can either build her gear up, try and find a nose wheel for try making one out of milliput.

Mish,

I've only just spotted this post so apologies for not chipping in sooner. I've got two of these in the stash and it's my usual practice to use Resin wheels so you can have the nose wheel from one of mine with pleaseure. PM me with your address and I'll pop it in the post.

Tim

Edited by timbo33

Right whilst waiting on bits of my present build to dry I made a start on this one.

All the interiors has been sprayed up, next will be the cockpit build.

y05uap.jpg

You can do it Mish!! :partytime:

certainly a grand job going on here Mish but I don't envy your task of getting it complete by the deadline.