AV-8B II Harrier Night Attack

marine4 ever

Excellent build Dan!!!... Got any close ups of the pitot covers? Nice touch Bro. :worthy:

Here you Go Mark! It should be mentioned that I used Flying leathernecks Awesome Ordinance markings for the GBU-12 and the lightning pod. for the Pitot tube covers I used Evergreens strip styrene Item #168 .080 X .188 and Item #137 .030 x .156 and a small bit of rod styrene for the small cover(can't remember the dimensions). Also I used some Milliput and foil for the intake covers. All in all I'm pretty happy with the covers as they saved me from all that filling and sanding for the intakes.

Semper Fi

Dan

bb6957973.jpg

aa6948129.jpg

dd6938366.jpg

cc6926982.jpg

Fantastic build Dan, you've got me drooling a little bit with this one :wub:

Another fantastic build ifor this GB, please be sure to add your four pics to the gallery :)

Cracking build Dan - really looks the business.

So how did you find the build generally? - any major issues

Paul

there are a number of pretty significant issues with this kit. especially if you add the aires pit and wheel bays. If it's OOB build. the intake trunking has issues with gaps(pretty big) to contend with. this is why i built covers. the LERX has some pretty big steps that you need to address above and below at the seems I used styrene blocks to widen the LERX and minimize this theres also some rather large gaps at wing root/LERX to contend with. I used styrene sheet to fill then putty( They are in pretty difficult to reach areas so it's time consuming teadious work). these are the only real issues but they are pretty time consuming. everything else went together rather well.

semper fi

Dan