The busiest Diorama in the World?

Hiya Folks,

Is this the busiest diorama in the world...I know its a bit clogged up but some of you have been wondering where I put my models!!

airfield1.jpg

airfield2.jpg

airfield3.jpg

airfield4.jpg

This is the loft in my little 2 up 2 down terrace in Lancashire....wish I had a bigger house though!!! These photos were taken a while ago and at different times, so some of the models have had a move around between photos.

Cheers

Tony O

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 57

Mini Duxford!!! :pilot:

How do you keep the dust off them?

And woe betide you if one of those Buffs falls off the ceiling!!!! :boom:

Edited by timbo33

I count at least 3 Whitleys in there which deserves a medal all by itself.

Fantastic display - wish I had the space to do that myself.

Andrew

Mini Duxford!!! :pilot:

How do you keep the dust off them?

And woe betide you if one of those Buffs falls off the ceiling!!!! :boom:

The big black Buff did fall off the ceiling...AND it squashed quite a few kits on the floor including a Coastal Command Wimpy which I`d just finished! Needless to say the Buff is no more and yes it did fall with a `boom'...we thought we had burglars up there!

As my old Army injuries are getting worse I cannot get up into the loft very often now and cannot get around up there at all anymore to dust and clean either, so the models may be giving way to a bedroom/ kit stash instead! Do you know any museums near Lancashire who want some built up kits?

All the best

Tony O

• 8 months later...

I expect there is an air traffic controller sat in that little airfix tower crying into his whisky glass and slowly sinking beneath the desk :)

Amazing collection - reminds me of my bedroom when I was but a lad :)

• Haha 1

Do you know any museums near Lancashire who want some built up kits?

All the best

Tony O

Tony - I was thinking of popping in to the Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester and asking that very question of them. I shall do so later this week and let you know what they say.

Lovely collection, sir!

Kev

Tony - I was thinking of popping in to the Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester and asking that very question of them. I shall do so later this week and let you know what they say.

Lovely collection, sir!

Kev

Hiya Kev, and everybody else who has left such kind remarks,

Glad you like the `Loft' I did contact the Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester a few years ago and they were not interested in any built up models at all...even though the upper balcony is bare since the excellent displays were taken away some years ago.

All the best

Tony O

Hiya Kev, and everybody else who has left such kind remarks,

Glad you like the `Loft' I did contact the Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester a few years ago and they were not interested in any built up models at all...even though the upper balcony is bare since the excellent displays were taken away some years ago.

All the best

Tony O

I was going to give it a go anyhow, Tony, but have just waded through the Museum's acquisition policy document, and that makes it pretty clear that they are not interested in models. The focus of the museum is limited to items produced in and around the Greater Manchester area, and the preservation/restoration/display of such items. No room in their policy for a general interest items like models, it appears.

Given their plans and their approach to the diverse subjects they choose to display I can hardly blame them, though.

Ah well... another good thought dies aborning...

Kev

Edited by Kamshot