Savage Skywriters SE.5a

Glenn R

Hi All,

I'm on the scrounge again. I'm looking for any photos of the Savage Skywriters SE.5a's. I understand there was an article in an issue of Air Enthusiast.

I would be grateful if anyone could scan and send it to me please.

I'm considering building the Roden 1/32 kit as one.

Regards,

Glenn

Hi All,

I'm on the scrounge again. I'm looking for any photos of the Savage Skywriters SE.5a's. I understand there was an article in an issue of Air Enthusiast.

Regards,

Glenn

Have you any idea of the date? Also some where I have a much older article. Some where I have a photo of the seat fitted to the Savage machines.

John

Hi All,

Regards,

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

The article is in Air Enthusiast No 61 (Jan/Feb 1996) and focuses on the surviving skywriter SE.5as. Aeroplane Monthly did a different 2 part article on the Savage skywriters - March and April of 1974. My scanner's down for the moment and I will be away with work for the next few weeks. If someone doesn't come up with a scan before I get back, I will scrounge another and try to help. The article AE spans 4 pages and the Aeroplane Monthly spans 10.

Gary :pilot:

Edited by Aerobat

Hi John and Gary,

Anything you have I would be most grateful to receive, thanks. I have a couple of photos of the one in the Science Museum, but that is all, so any information will be of great use.

Regards,

Glenn

I have the Aeroplane articles to hand. I can't scan them tonight but Iwill try to do something soon. Basically the two exhaust pipes were lengthened and joined as a Y with a cutout in the rudder for the Y.

John

I have the Aeroplane articles to hand. I can't scan them tonight but Iwill try to do something soon. Basically the two exhaust pipes were lengthened and joined as a Y with a cutout in the rudder for the Y.

John

Thanks John, I look forward to seeing them.

Glenn

Got the latest issue of Flypast today. There is a major feature about the SE5 with a couple of pages on the Savage Skywriters (plus a Keith West profile) and a separate piece about the Science Museum aircraft. Should be of use.

TJJ

Got the latest issue of Flypast today. There is a major feature about the SE5 with a couple of pages on the Savage Skywriters (plus a Keith West profile) and a separate piece about the Science Museum aircraft. Should be of use.

TJJ

Thanks TJJ, I'll look out for it. We are usually one to two months behind with the mags here, so I'll probably find it in March or April.

Regards,

Glenn