Future Subjects

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 mickcpl

mickcpl

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

What I really , really want is the F2b in the Crocodile scheme (Eduard 1127)
But for the Wingnuts kit
Would make a stunning combination
Mick (in hope)

Edited by mickcpl, 11 January 2011 - 08:27 PM.

#42 Kagemusha

Kagemusha

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:59 PM

What I really , really want is the F2b in the Crocodile scheme (Eduard 1127)
But for the Wingnuts kit
Would make a stunning combination
Mick (in hope)

It's already available http://www.ohmodels....gory/32002.html

#43 Dave Fleming

Dave Fleming

Completely Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:11 PM

RFC/RNAS Nieuports! The CCI Book has some lovely schemes, but the (1/72) Eduard kits don't have any RFC markings!

Now we finally have injection moulded 'late' Nieuports in 1/72 from Roden, double please!

Nie 11, 16, 17, 17bis, 17B/21, 23, 23bis, 24, 24bis and 27!!

#44 Obi-Jiff Kenobi

Obi-Jiff Kenobi

Some say he believes Star Wars is a documentary...

• Members
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:21 AM

I like the idea of RFC Nieuports - preferably with lots of 1 Sqn options! Those red-striped cowlings are quite eyecatching.

Edited by Obi-Jiff Kenobi, 12 January 2011 - 08:21 AM.

#45 mickcpl

mickcpl

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:31 PM

It's already available http://www.ohmodels....gory/32002.html

Thanks
Mick

Edited by mickcpl, 13 January 2011 - 10:16 AM.

#46 Bob C.

Bob C.

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:04 AM

Hello, Rowan,
Way back in '09, you said you didn't intend to do lozenge, on the grounds that Microsculpt was filling that niche. Hovever, I see they still don't cover 1/72. Any chance you would reconsider?
Bob Cope

#47 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:25 AM

Hello, Rowan,
Way back in '09, you said you didn't intend to do lozenge, on the grounds that Microsculpt was filling that niche. Hovever, I see they still don't cover 1/72. Any chance you would reconsider?
Bob Cope

Hello Bob,

Thanks for the suggestion.

If the hole in the market persists, then of course I'd reconsider. They would probably be simple bolts in this scale, rather than sized and tailored for specific kits. One issue which would have an impact is that the colours would probably need to be lighter for 72nd. We can look at that with Richard and Harry (who are collaborating with me on the 32nd scale production).

Rowan

#48 drdave

drdave

Established Member

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:53 PM

How about a nationality set? Italian markings for Spads, Nieuports in 1/32. I would like Belgian markings for a Camel. The Spada decals are pants.
Polish LVG and Albatrosen? A civil set of post war fighters? That SE5 in the Science museum for example.
All 1/32 of course!
Soviet markings for the Ninak/Polikarpov R1? I think the WNW Ninak only needs new guns and no radiator shutters to convert it? US Camels? Foreign Camels full stop?
I would buy sets that were different types, as above.

#49 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

How about a nationality set? Italian markings for Spads, Nieuports in 1/32. I would like Belgian markings for a Camel. The Spada decals are pants.
Polish LVG and Albatrosen? A civil set of post war fighters? That SE5 in the Science museum for example.
All 1/32 of course!
Soviet markings for the Ninak/Polikarpov R1? I think the WNW Ninak only needs new guns and no radiator shutters to convert it? US Camels? Foreign Camels full stop?
I would buy sets that were different types, as above.

Hello Dave,

Good suggestions, all.

Italian SPADs and Nieuports are certainly coming - particularly with the new Roden kits due later for the "round fuselage versions". I am also currently working on a number of Polish post-WWI subjects, intended initially for 72nd and 48th, but there will be spin offs into 32nd. The problem I have with the Russian Ninak is photos. Those I have seen were of pretty poor quality - if you unearth any good ones, let me know!

For Belgian subjects I'm waiting for Walter Pieter's new book to arrive - well, more factually, I'm waiting to pay for it... that will provide a lot of new material, I know for sure.

Your package has just left for the PO, BTW - hope the weather improves soon!!

#50 drdave

drdave

Established Member

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:54 PM

Cheers Rowan, the Gotha, SE5a and RE8 are arriving tomorrow.
I posted a thread on the aerodrome about the R1 and a helpful Russian chap redirects it to some photos. There are a couple with red stars upside down on a white disk and large number 4s on the tail and elevators. There are some export Soviet DH9as that are identical to the Ninak rather than copies.

How about that Harlequin trainer Pup with the red white blue diamonds?
I have a Polish book with D111 and Dv profiles. Commonly they all have spoked wheels, but I guess that at some stage one could argue they were covered.
More USAAS/Marines Se5/Camel/Ninaks?

#51 drdave

drdave

Established Member

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:10 PM

http://www.aviapress....htm?AVV-200104

http://www.theaerodr...-r-1-r-2-a.html

#52 CaptainA

CaptainA

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:00 PM

I would love to see some propeller decals. It would really be nice to have some decals we could put on to mimic the two colour laminate propellers of the German aircraft.

#53 propuldude

propuldude

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:06 PM

I would love to see some propeller decals. It would really be nice to have some decals we could put on to mimic the two colour laminate propellers of the German aircraft.

Rowan...I would love you to produce a Propeller Manufacturers Logo Sheet as found on Americal Gryphon Sheets 177, 178, 179 in 1/72 scale ..Allied and Axis Manufacturers...NO ONE IS OFFERING THIS AND THERE IS A NEED FOR THEM! (Done Yelling) Cheers, Dave

#54 flyntiger1

flyntiger1

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:20 PM

I have a long (very!) list of subjects planned in all three scales (where appropriate kits exist) but I'd also like to hear what others would like to see - and it neednít necessarily be main-stream as I'm keen to include some slightly esoteric subjects as well, as small volume productions. All future plans will, of course be dependant on how sales go - It's been suggested that I'm obviously deranged to be introducing a premium range of decals for a minority market in the midst of a world-wide recession - we'll see! I don't intend to be doing German "lozenge" camouflage or other coverings of that sort - my good friend Tom Sollers of Microsculpt is doing those beautifully, the best "lozenge" sheets I've ever seen!:

http://www.microsculpt.com/index.html

Eventually I aim to cover all the major combatants, including Austro-Hungarian (Eduard's Oeffag Albatri are due this year!) and Italian subjects (Macchi M5 flying boat fighters, anyone?) - even some Russians are planned for later. I will also be doing more unit-themed sheets along the lines of the SPADs.

So lets hear your suggestions!

I would very much like to see a resin set for the WNW Sopwith Pup of the LA PREIUR anti-balloon ROCKETS as are exhibited on the SHUTTLEWORTH PUP. I forwarded this suggestion to WNW last year,but rec'd no response. Yours very truly, Ed Tharp( in Arizona,USA )

#55 T-Tango

T-Tango

See you over the Western Front.

• Members
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:10 AM

I'd go along with this as well Rowan.

#56 raiskis

raiskis

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:56 PM

With the latest WNW announcement, how about some colourful DFW CVs?

#57 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:43 PM

With the latest WNW announcement, how about some colourful DFW CVs?

You're ahead of me there! I don't remember seeing a DFW CV mentioned by them, are you thinking of the Rumpler C.IV?

Would love a DFW though!

#58 raiskis

raiskis

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:15 AM

You're ahead of me there! I don't remember seeing a DFW CV mentioned by them, are you thinking of the Rumpler C.IV?

Would love a DFW though!

Yep - it's the Rumpler. My mistake. Still, a great subject...

#59 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:57 AM

Yep - it's the Rumpler. My mistake. Still, a great subject...

I'm very cautious about new decals for Wingnuts kits, as they are doing so many of their own nowadays. We have generally avoided a clash of subjects by going for the more obscure examoles, as in our Albatros decal sheets. With the relatively obscure subjects such as the Roland D.VIa, they have great research resources and access to photos that are not in the published domain and given that they are so generous with up to five different options in the box, there is generally very little left uncovered for which reasonable reference photos exist. I'm sure that the Rumpler will be in this category but as always, we'll have to wait and see.

#60 The Velociweiler

The Velociweiler

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:14 AM

How's about a sheet for the Airfix\Heller Rapide in Automobile Association markings? Only black needed for the trim & text?